The continuing mental health crisis in America is fueling the growth of clinical jobs in behavioral health to give people more access to effective mental health care. There are millions of men and women who struggle with depression, substance abuse, or other mental health disorders that need help with managing their thoughts and behaviors. Those interested in clinical healthcare jobs will have an exciting and rewarding career and make a difference in hundreds of people’s lives.
Behavioral Health Jobs is a website that is dedicated to helping job candidates find a rewarding career in the behavioral health industry. Clinical positions work directly with patients to assess, diagnose, and develop an effective treatment program to address their mental health needs. To attract qualified candidates, many companies are offering above-average pay and benefits that can include tuition reimbursement. If you are interested in applying for clinical healthcare jobs near you, check out the available jobs on the Behavioral Health Jobs website today.
Working in Behavioral Health Industry
A career in the behavioral health industry offers a variety of exciting opportunities to help individuals and families struggling with mental health disorders. They use various psychological techniques for treating complex issues and inspiring change in their patients. Clinicians work with patients to diagnose and treat a number of conditions, including depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, and substance abuse. They can also help children with learning disabilities and in schools to help teens throughout their education and development.
To qualify for a clinical job in behavioral health, here are the typical education requirements you will need to meet:
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology or a related field
- Master’s degree in psychology
- A Ph.D. in psychology
- Completion of residency or internship program up to 3,000 hours
- Obtain licensing in specific areas of behavioral health
- Continuing education to stay up-to-date on current and new treatment modalities
The Behavioral Health Jobs website is dedicated to the healthcare industry, with a database that is updated daily with new jobs. Candidates can search for full, part-time, or contract positions in a number of different organizations.
Clinical Jobs in Behavioral Health
If you are interested in a career in the behavioral health industry, there are hundreds of clinical roles available today that you can apply for. You can search for local jobs or choose a city where you would like to build a new life.
Here are some clinical jobs in behavioral health that are available today:
- Mental Health Clinician – In this position, you will be responsible for providing direct mental health care services and documentation for multiple patients. You will complete patient assessment and treatment plans for individuals and their families, develop effective discharge plans, and participate in family team meetings. This position requires AMFT or ASW certifications.
- Clinical Therapist – This is a full-time position that requires LPC or LMSW certifications and a master’s degree in social work or psychology. You will work with children and their families to assess the child’s mental health needs and provide support through individual, group, and family therapy sessions. You will also facilitate communication between patients and outside support services.
- Remote/Onsite Therapist – In this job, you will provide assessments for current and new patients to determine the best treatment to support their needs. You will implement individual and group services, assist with developing groups and workshops for clients, and offer clinical supervision to new staff. This position requires LPC, LMFT, or LCSW certifications.
- Sex Offender Therapist II – In this position, you will coordinate and conduct intake assessments, progress assessments, and termination assessments. You will also conduct group and individual therapy sessions at multiple locations and maintain all documentation according to specific standards. This role asks for LSOTP or LSOE certifications.
- Employee Assistance Clinician/Therapist – This is a flexible, part-time position where you will provide extensive onsite and virtual consultation and clinical support for employees. You will be responsible for intake assessments, crisis interventions, short-term counseling, and case management for individuals, couples, and minors. You will need a master’s in social work or counseling and LMSW, LCSW, or LPC licensing.
Working in behavioral health offers many exciting opportunities for qualified candidates looking for a new career. This industry is one of the fastest-growing industries in the U.S., as millions of men and women continue to struggle with their mental health.
Check out Behavioral Health Jobs for New Clinical Healthcare Jobs
At Behavioral Health Jobs, our website is dedicated to the healthcare industry, with thousands of clinical positions available across the country. Job seekers can search for clinical positions in treatment centers, hospitals, government agencies, community centers, and private practices. For those who prefer working from home, many companies are offering work-from-home or hybrid work environments for a better work/life balance.
If you are interested in finding a clinical healthcare job, begin a new search today on the Behavioral Health Jobs website.