The behavioral health industry is one of the fastest-growing industries today, with an expected growth rate of over 20% by 2030. The demand for clinical mental health counseling jobs has never been higher, and companies are increasing pay rates and benefits to attract more people. There are thousands of jobs in mental health counseling where you will directly impact a person’s mental health and overall well-being.
At Behavioral Health Jobs, we provide job seekers with a dedicated database of clinical health jobs all across the country. We have positions in every industry, including addiction treatment facilities, hospitals, schools, and private practice. Job seekers can search by experience level, education requirements, and onsite vs. remote options. If you are interested in clinical mental health counseling jobs, check out the available jobs near you on the Behavioral Health Jobs website.
Clinical Health Career Paths
The behavioral health industry offers many different choices for job seekers looking for a rewarding career in clinical health jobs. Depending on which career path you are interested in, there are various education requirements to qualify for the positions. Candidates will need a minimum of an associate or bachelor’s degree with different certifications to specialize in certain areas.
There are several different career paths you can choose for clinical mental health counseling jobs, including:
- Marriage and family counseling
- Rehabilitation counseling
- Behavioral and mental health counseling
- Substance abuse counseling
- Education counseling
To become a certified clinical mental health counselor (CCMHC), you must obtain certifications from the National Board of Certified Counselors. They offer the following certifications:
- National Counselor Certification (NCC)
- Certified Clinical Mental Health Counselor (CCMHC)
- National Certified School Counselor (NCSC)
- Master Addiction Counselor (MAC)
Clinical Mental Health Counseling Jobs Available Today
A career in the behavioral health industry is an enriching yet challenging career path. While you will have tremendous job satisfaction, you will also need to manage your mental health. Burnout is a big concern for healthcare workers who do not separate work and personal life.
Here are just some of the clinical mental health counseling jobs that are available today:
- Mental health counselor, $85,000 annually – In this role, you will provide outpatient counseling services onsite and through telehealth services. You will be working with children and adults to address their mental health needs in a seamless and collaborative environment.
- School counselor for mental health support, $55,000 annually – This position works with social workers, counseling teams, and administrative staff to develop and implement tier two and three mental health support services. You will also provide social-emotional learning (SEL) support and foster a safe and supportive learning environment.
- Remote crisis counselor, $49,900 annually – You will provide triage and crisis intervention via the phone for individuals in crisis across the nation. You will work with licensed mental health professionals in providing coordination and intake services for patients who need continuing mental health support.
- Psychiatric counselor, $46,800 annually – In this role, you will work directly with children and adults through inpatient and outpatient sessions using the company’s established psychotherapeutic techniques. You will collaborate with other team members to provide effective care while working with the patient’s family members.
- Health care for homeless veterans, licensed mental health counselor, $73,000 annually – You will work directly with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to provide mental health support for homeless vets. You will work with an integrated team to provide mental health support for their nine million members.
For Clinical Health Jobs Near You, Check Out Behavioral Health Jobs
Behavioral Health Jobs is an online database of jobs specifically in the behavioral health industry. We have hundreds of clinical health jobs all across the country with part-time, full-time, and remote options available. If you are interested in an exciting and challenging career, check out the available clinical mental health counseling jobs on the Behavioral Health Jobs website today.