The job market has changed over the last few years, and there are more remote psychology jobs available today than ever. Working remotely has several advantages, including being able to help a wider range of people from all across the country and create a better work/life balance with less risk of burning out. Psychologists can effectively treat patients remotely using video conferencing software for face-to-face therapy sessions. Searching for psychologist jobs near me will result in hundreds of jobs that you can apply for today.
At Behavioral Health Jobs, we help job candidates find the best jobs in the behavioral health industry. Candidates can search for onsite and remote jobs by industry type, experience and education levels, and other search criteria. To attract qualified candidates, employers are offering higher salaries and benefits packages that can include tuition reimbursement for continuing education costs. If you are searching for “psychologist jobs near me,” check out the Behavioral Health Jobs website today to begin your new career search.
The Role of a Psychologist
Psychologists help people who are struggling with substance abuse, post-traumatic stress disorder, major depressive disorder, and other types of mental health illnesses. They use a combination of evidence-backed techniques that include talk therapy and medication to reduce the symptoms that interfere with the recovery process.
The role of a psychologist includes building a close relationship with each client to help them feel comfortable talking about the issues that caused their negative thoughts and behaviors. They use a number of different behavioral therapies that include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Acceptance and commitment therapy
- Art therapy
In cases of severe depression or substance abuse, medication can reduce the symptoms that prevent recovery. Patients will receive medication as part of their treatment plan to reduce withdrawal symptoms and cravings, along with any depressive or anxiety symptoms. As they progress through the program and their symptoms diminish, so will the need for medication, and they will begin tapering off until no longer necessary.
At Behavioral Health Jobs, job seekers can begin searching for a new career as a psychologist working remotely, in an office, or a combination of both. The COVID-19 pandemic showed employers the benefits of remote work and how it can improve employee satisfaction and retention.
Applying for Remote Psychology Jobs
Applying for remote psychology jobs is similar to applying for a company that is a few miles from your home. All you need is a dedicated office space free from pet and small child distractions, a stable, high-speed internet connection for clean audio and video, able to work with minimal supervision, and strong time management skills.
Here are just some of the available remote psychology jobs that you can apply for today:
- Experienced Psychology/Sociology MCAT Item Writer – In this position, you will work on creating specific questions for MCAT and other standardized tests. This will include producing relevant, test-specific passages, questions, and explanations for the psychology/sociology sections of the MCAT. This position requires signing a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) and pays between $25-$50/hour.
- Licensed Psychologist for Veteran Consult – This job is for independent psychologists; you will treat anywhere from 20-40 Veterans a month. You will conduct independent medical exams via Zoom that last approximately 50 minutes and write a summary of the session—starting pay averages between $3,000 – $6,000/month.
- Remote Psychologist – This is a part-time or contract position where you will provide remote therapy sessions for children and their families. You will perform psychological assessments and evaluations, develop and recommend treatment programs based on specific needs, and provide referrals for additional care. This position is a mixture of remote and on-site work.
- School Psychologist – In this remote position, you will work with students to support their education and development. You will perform direct and indirect psychological services, conduct psycho-educational evaluations, and create specific goals for each student to follow. This position requires one year of experience working as an on-site school psychologist, and prefers NCSP certification.
Remote psychology jobs are increasing in popularity and offer more opportunities to help people from all across the country.
Find Psychologist Jobs Near Me at Behavioral Health Jobs
If you are searching for remote psychology jobs, the Behavioral Health Jobs website is your best choice for finding a new career in the healthcare industry. Our job board is updated daily with the latest administrative, technical, and clinical positions in a wide range of industries. Candidates will find hundreds of jobs they can apply for, along with beneficial tips for landing their dream job.
To find a new career as a psychologist, check out the Behavioral Health Jobs website today.