Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree in counseling, psychology, or related field; Master’s preferred (Second level license required for Therapist title)
Demonstrated education, training or experience with evidenced based practices’
Adequate written skills to accurately complete required documentation within the time frames prescribed
Practical Understanding of substance use disorders and symptoms in the DSM 5
Familiar with conducting clinical assessments, individual, family and group counseling
Desire to work with adolescents and adults in an outpatient team oriented substance abuse setting with up to two evenings a week
Ability to learn and work independently to complete documentation in automated software system
Ability to present and coordinate lectures for clients, parents, staff or community resources
Licensed counselor within 24 months
CPR or complete within three months
- Work hours prescribed by the Coordinator hours deemed necessary for the responsibilities assigned.
- Undertake primary counselor responsibilities for designated patients.
- Conduct assessments, individual, group, and family counseling and educational sessions for clients and/or family members.
- Ensure that client service records are maintained consistent with rules and regulations.
- Maintain communications with all staff (e.g. admissions, case management, and discharge plans).
- Exercise confidentiality in keeping with the Code of Conduct and with the framework of the law.
- Deliver exceptional customer service consistently to every customer.
- Serve as a role model for other staff, clients, and customers and demonstrate positive guest relations in representing Rosecrance
- Assume other related responsibilities as delegated and assigned
- Non-profit Organization Management
- Mental Health Care
- Hospital & Health Care