Job Summary: Amen Clinics are outpatient health care clinics that have been providing mental wellness strategies to patients of all ages since 1989. We offer patient-first experiences and customized solutions to an array of behavioral and psychiatric conditions. This is an exciting and unique professional opportunity.
The Amen Clinics Psychiatrist provides clinical leadership to ensure treatment is evidence-based and outcome driven. Each Psychiatrist has the opportunity to use master’s level clinical historians, psychological testing, neuropsychological screening tools, functional brain imaging, and emerging treatments such as TMS and neurofeedback. Amen Clinics offers mentoring on a variety of integrative methods that will expand your professional repertoire and our marketing and promotion efforts allow the multiple opportunities for writing and speaking engagements, if that appeals to you. Additionally, our clinics provide a healthy and aesthetically pleasing work environments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development, promotion and delivery of the approved Amen Clinics Method to brain health.
- Evaluate and treat patients and families who come to the clinics using nutraceutical, pharmacological, neurophysiological and behavioral approaches that enhance the Amen Clinics method to treating psychiatric and brain illnesses and enhancing overall brain health.
- Incorporate clinical history and SPECT scan findings during patient.
- Management of large patient case load: completing timely reports, maintaining charts, addressing patient concerns, and ensure the privacy and proper handling of patient information in accordance with State and Federal regulation.
- Treatment of patients with:
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorders
- Mood disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Psychotic disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Traumatic brain injury
- Medical issues/hormone imbalances
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Memory and learning issues
- Cognitive impairment
- Autism spectrum disorders
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Familiar with the strengths and weaknesses of medications (as well as other interventions).
- Understanding of and, ideally, experience using brain imaging in clinical practice.
- Time management, organization and computer skills and ability to work independently and within a team are critical.
- Empathy, emotional stability, ability to relate well to others, good communications skills and above all genuine care and regard for the patient are required.
- Willingness to learn to use brain imaging in clinical practice. We will train you on the applications of brain SPECT imaging in psychiatry and how to utilize this data in patient evaluations.
- Dedication to helping individuals, families and systems (such as schools, businesses, and treatment facilities) reach their full potential by creating and developing “brain healthy” strategies and practices.
- Interacts frequently with patients, clinic personnel and outside referral sources personnel by telephone, correspondence and personal contact.
Physical Demands: *
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting for long period of time
- Frequent typing and viewing of computer screen
- Frequent use of hand and fingers with machines, such as computer, copier, fax machine, scanner and telephone
- Frequent hearing, listening and speaking by telephone and in person
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop or bend
Work Environment: **
The work environment described here are representative of those that an employee encounters white performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work indoors in temperature-controlled environment
- The noise level is usually moderate with occasional outbursts from patients during treatment
Job Type: Full-time
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work