Business OverviewAbout J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank Production Management
Production Management acts as guardians of production for CIB, with a global workforce spread across three regions (USA, EMEA, Asia) dedicated to managing daily processing. The team manages over 2,500 applications, processing trillions of dollars a day, with over 1200 employees working toward one clear mission, making stability a competitive advantage.
The Application Support personnel is responsible for Level 1 & Level 2 caliber troubleshooting/triage of incidents, working trouble tickets, escalation management, monitoring infrastructure, application & middleware layers, and reporting/resolving of incidents for our production environments. Responsibilities also include the identification and use of best practices, implementation of new processes and disciplines, and management of training activities for the team members. This position will ensure that incident; problem, change management, and risk management procedures and processes are applied and followed as required.
The Application Support personnel is required to quickly evaluate information, engage and assist technology staff, and communicate issues to help remediate and resolve production problems efficiently and effectively. In support of incident management and problem management functions, they work closely with other groups as needed to mitigate client impacts and operate within defined SLAs.
They are accountable to develop and implement tactical and strategic approaches to eliminate incidents, or the reoccurrence of service disruptions, to lower the probability of reoccurrence, or to lessen the impacts from incidents. Included in the expectations is a requirement to continually drive process improvements.
The Application Support Analyst is also responsible for coordinating with various Project Management groups to understand current projects and be part of the overall program delivery model, including review and acceptance of key project deliverables into production environments. They will ensure all required monitoring and training of support updates are completed prior to production acceptance.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Interacts with peer groups, as needed in delivering the objectives for the production operations unit assigned.
- Maintains effective relationships with core and extended program team members, peers, senior stakeholders and business managers.
- Ensures the project activities, as may be assigned, are completed within established time and budgets, and that objectives conform to corporation’s overall standards and operations objectives.
- Ensures monitoring alerts and systems events are assessed, prioritized, and managed
- Manages client impacting incidents including business impact assessment, technical resolution, engagement, and communications
• Automate routine tasks by scripting or other coding means•
- Create & maintain operational metrics
- Drives the implementation and adherence to incident, problem, and change management processes
- Performs 1st and 2nd level support for application and platform incidents as needed
- Ensures potential client impacting incidents are identified and remediated prior to client impact or remediated as soon as possible after issues arise
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with JPMC technology teams and business partners to identify process improvement opportunities
- Collaborates with JPMC technology teams and business partners to understand application functions and related downstream processing components
- Drives continuous improvement of services and processes in order to increase platform stability and realize operational efficiencies
- Participates in post incident reviews for client impacting incidents
- Identifies post incident review action items and process improvement opportunities
- Works with Change Management/ Release Managers on the evaluation of change events
- Manages technical bridges and/or business bridges, as required, as well as uses knowledge of support organizations to minimize MTTR (Mean Time to Recover)
- Supports or leads as needed Resiliency events (Disaster Recovery, Sustained Resiliency, etc.)
- Ensures Business Continuity objectives are met
- Aligns service offerings with business strategies, goals, and objectives
- Assists in translating business requirements into proposed IT services & solutions
- Develops and distributes performance metrics for core services and reporting for the unit
- Designs & implements customer satisfaction surveys and measurements
- Develops and maintains process and procedure documentation (knowledge management)
- Collaborates with technology and business partners to continuously identify proactive monitoring and health check opportunities
- Assures Operations Run Book and other knowledge management documents are up to date
- Contributes to the evaluation, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of monitoring tools used
- Provides technical and procedural training, coaching and guidance to support analysts
- Assists manager in resolving high level conflicts or program issues by making decisions or negotiating with affected senior management
- Ensures the project activities, as may be assigned, are completed within established time and budgets, and that objectives conform to corporation’s overall standards and operations objectives
- Drives development and adherence with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for the unit
- Coordinates completion of “Fire Drills” or other team practices that drive increased team capabilities and results
- Bringing a DevOps mind-set to the entire software development life cycle, building, evolving and operating rapidly-changing resilient systems at scale
- Must have full life-cycle experience in large, global multi-tiered systems, preferably in the financial industry and with core cash management systems
- Excellent interpersonal relationship and communication / presentation skills
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Experience working in a relational database environment (e.g. SYBASE, ORACLE, DB2)
- Unix (commands, scripting )
- Python (Any Level)
- MQ series, NDM, Geneos, Dynatrace, would be a plus
- Using Schedulers (Eg: Control-M and Autosys)
- A strong application development background with a solid understanding of development methodologies and / or
- Understanding of the design and implementation of automated proactive monitoring and health checks
- ITIL Incident management life cycle skills and experience
- Knowledge of incident, problem management, ticket, change, and risk management processes and tools
- Experience with setup and tuning of application monitoring tools (Dynatrace, Geneos, Tivoli, Splunk, OEM, or similar).
- Experience supporting applications using the following technologies: Wintel, Linux, Sun OS, Apache, FTP, SFTP,
- ETL (basics)
- Splunk queries
- Knowledge (documentation) management experience
- Ability to influence and lead technical conversations with varied IT support groups
- Able to make trusted and unbiased judgments
- IT process design & implementation skills and experience
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter, and within a team environment
- Excellent prioritization, organizational and time management skills
- Solid experience in documenting requirements and technical specifications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Influence and negotiation skills
- Communication (written and verbal) – Advanced
- Consulting – Advanced
- Co-ordination Skills – Advanced
- Crisis Management Skills – Advanced
- Customer/Client Needs management – Advanced
- Problem Management – Advanced
- Results Delivery – Advanced
- Firm/Business Knowledge – Proficient
- Industry Acumen – Proficient
- Influence/Persuasion – Advanced
- Innovation – Advanced
Education and Experience-
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology. Master’s degree in Finance, Computer Science, or Information Technology a plus.
- 3 years performing development or production support for a suite of Financial Services Applications
- Knowledge of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) production support best practices
- Understanding of Financial and Banking applications or related business experience is a plus
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans