LifeConnections is an affiliate of a community mental health agency that has been serving children, adults and families sing 1964. From the southern beaches of Florida to the northern woods of Maine, LifeConnections provides a wide range of high quality residential and community based services.
We are currently hiring an ASLEEP OVERNIGHT DSP’s (Direct Support Professionals) for our Staffed Residential Home for the Deaf in Hooksett, New Hampshire. Candidates should have some basic knowledge and understanding of ASL (American Sign Language) and Deaf culture or be motivated to learn. Experience working with individuals with mental and emotional disabilities also a plus. Looking for candidates who are fun, active, creative and enjoy helping individuals accomplish their goals. Must be Reliable, flexible, dependable!
ASLEEP OVERNIGHT DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL:
Welcome To LifeConnections:
LifeConnections is a behavioral health care provider with residential programs all across Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire and Rhode Island. We primarily serve adults with developmental disabilities and complex mental health conditions.
Why Choose LifeConnections?
Too many of us walk around wishing we could make a living AND make a difference. We’ve accepted that unfulfilling, dead end jobs are the norm in today’s economy. Don’t believe that for one minute! You deserve to feel great about your accomplishments and well rewarded for your hard work. At LifeConnections, we’ve curated some of the most effective residential group homes for adults with developmental disabilities in the country. As an agency, we are known for being the best at promoting from within and offering every employee ongoing opportunities for growth and advancement in their career.
No Experience? No Problem!
Our DSP Positions (Direct Support Professionals) require a high school diploma or GED and are suitable for all levels of experience, including none at all! Whether you’re a recent graduate looking for a career, a parent looking for part time hours or a retiree wanting to give back to those in need, our team of seasoned professionals will help you become a confident, supportive and effective instrument of change in our client’s lives.
We Have The Training You Need
We have carefully developed our employee orientation, professional development and agency advancement program to help you create the career you desire. All of our managers provide support, supervision and training that is directly tailored to your needs on any given day. Our highly-trained team of professionals are here to mentor you, challenge you, and help you grow so that you can best support each and every client and ultimately take control of your career.
What Does a DSP Do?
- Provide supervision and mentoring to clients, including role modeling appropriate behavior, redirection and crisis management
- Teach daily living skills, meal preparation, hygiene practices, recreational & social activities
- Help improve client’s social skills, interpersonal skills, life and coping skills through the development of respectful & positive relationships
- Be a positive role model to help shape growth and build trust
- Be their first line of support to provide emotional stability during moments of crisis
Where Are We?
- Hooksett, NH
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license required & 18+ years of age.
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Satisfactory completion of background screening and applicable pre-employment checks
What We Pay:
$10.50 per hour
Opportunities for Career Growth:
- Competitive compensation, excellent benefits, overtime, and vacation time
- We promote from within; many of our Managers & Directors began as a DSP
- Ongoing training options to further your education, skills & experience in the field
- Flexibility to lead initiatives and bring your personal experience &passions to work
What We Offer (full-time):
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- STD, LTD, AD&D
- Paid Life Insurance
- Full Dental Insurance
- Excellent Health Insurance
- Matching Retirement Plan (403B)
- Comprehensive Wellness Program
- Education Opportunities for Qualified Candidates
- Employee Discount Program (including Verizon, etc.)
GET STARTED TODAY!
Want to apply? Here’s the plan:
- Submit your resume
- We’ll reach out and schedule a virtual interview
- Get started on the first day of your best new career!
Questions About Applying?
Contact Us Today For More Information!
LifeConnections assures equal opportunity and public access and, if necessary, affirmative action in all its policies regarding employment and provision of services. LifeConnections does not discriminate in its hiring, programs or policies on the bases of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, sex, marital status or sexual orientation.
Keywords: Group Home, adults with developmental disabilities, traumatic brain injuries, adult foster care, foster parent, home care provider, shared living, supported living, dsp, direct support professional, human services, caregiver, hiring immediately, direct care, group home, direct care worker, mental health, hha, social work, social worker, counseling, therapy, disabilities, adults, developmental disabilities, at-risk, behavior, behavioral, behavior management, pss, caretaker, assisted living, overnight, senior living, urgently hiring, in home caregiver, day program, behavior specialist, bcba, aba therapist, aba, behavior technician, behavioral health, rbt, autism, applied behavior analysis, behavior analyst, BHP, behavioral health professional.MSW, MED, LMHC, LCSW, LICSW, PhD, Mental Health Clinician, Social Work, Social Worker, Case Manager, Therapist, Clinical, Masters, Education, educator, LNA, CNA, assistant, Behavior, Developmental Disabilities, Youth Counselor, Direct Support Professional, Direct Care, Teacher, Mentor, Parent aide, paraprofessional, police, officer, trooper, administrative assistant, care giver, Nanny, Group home, residential, aide, foster care, Army, Navy, National Guard, Coast Guard, Marines, Air Force, shared living, at-risk, juvenile justice, residential care.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $10.50 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Night shift
- Do you have any experience with American Sign Language?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: One location