About the job
Can you reach people with just a few words?
You express all of your ideas effortlessly, and have the skills to distill other people’s ideas into their best possible form. Your messaging is not only clear and concise, but your medical expertise allows you to convey high-level scientific knowledge in meaningful and comprehensible communications. Does this sound like you? An Associate Medical Director role with Cadent Medical Communications may be the perfect place for you.
The Associate Medical Director is responsible for the oversight of content development and strategy across multiple clients and disease states as well as content development.
Cadent Medical Communications specializes in high science, high touch peer to peer medical communications. The company excels in translating complex science into compelling messages that deliver value and action. Cadent builds relationships and collaboration between the biopharmaceutical industry and healthcare professionals.
- Responsible for the development of scientific content including slide decks and manuscripts. (~50% of time)
- Development includes:
- Necessary background research
- Working with clients and other team members to determine outline for project
- Writing of slides or enduring material
- Providing full reference set
- Preparing materials for legal and regulatory review with clients
- Incorporating all stakeholder feedback
- Keeping track of deadlines
- Communicate clearly and articulately when writing and speaking
- Serve as subject matter expert in multiple disease states
- Provide subject matter expertise to other team members as needed
- Remain current on the latest clinical trial data and treatment trends
- Prioritize and organize workload; manage 2 or more overlapping work streams
- Conduct background and literature research to support new business efforts
- Mentor and assist in training junior level team members
- Oversee the development of content for multiple disease states/clients, including: (~20% of time)
- Assisting medical writers and scientific content specialists by ensuring appropriate messaging is communicated across all projects
- Providing strategic scientific and/or medical advice to client
- Ensuring accuracy and quality of all projects
- Travel to advisory boards (majority Thursday and Friday travel) and assists in: (~20% of time)
- Preparing slides for meeting
- Providing summary of meeting
- Travel to scientific meetings (majority Thursday and Friday travel) to gather data for planned or potential publications
- Travel to assist in the delivery of new business pitches
- Build client relationships, through strategic partnership and understanding client goals
- Participate independently in client-facing meetings
Education: PhD, MD, RN, PharmD
- >3-4 years medical writing/medical communications experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with account teams, other writers, editors, physicians and clients
- Ability to analyze and synthesize complex information from multiple sources
- Ability to communicate medical/technical information to a wide variety of audiences
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team-oriented environment
- Ability to efficiently prioritize multiple tasks and provide effective direction to others; can quickly evaluate the resources necessary to accomplish a goal and put those into action
- EndNote reference management database experience preferred
- Microsoft Office Powerpoint and Word experience preferred
At Cadent Medical Communications, our workplace is flexible, family-oriented and places high importance on work-life balance. The engaging and rewarding nature of the work that we do is evident in the enthusiasm employees bring to the office every day. Overall, Cadent has a commitment to integrity, a commitment to client satisfaction and a commitment to employee satisfaction and development.
Cadent Medical Communications is part of Syneos Health Communications, a purpose-built collective of agencies focused on supporting health and biopharmaceutical innovators. We work in scalable, collaborative teams that partner across disciplines and geographies to deliver integrated communications strategies that accelerate brand performance. In today’s fast-changing and complex environment, success lies in making connections: between science, emotion, and technology; between data, design and human insight. We’re able to make those connections because our medical communications, digital, advertising, public relations, data science, research and market access specialists work closely with each other and with healthcare experts, including physicians, pharmacists and advocates. Together, we are the connected healthcare partner tapping rich insights to drive innovation, change behavior and pioneer a new era of accountable marketing.
Syneos Health Communications is powered by Syneos Health, a global professional services organization designed to help the biopharmaceutical industry shorten the distance from lab to life.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate bringing new therapies to patients?
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
- Marketing & Advertising
- Writing & Editing
- Public Relations
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work