As an integral part of the behavior support team, the Behavior Assistant effects positive behavioral change in students by providing evidence-based interventions to students and families, collaborating with other professionals, and complying with Federal, State, County and District policies, regulations and/or procedures. This position is on a 189 day schedule, with summers and school holidays off.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Provides direct in-class or pull-out support services to students, classrooms, and small groups that are comprehensive and data-driven.
- Consults with other professionals and community organizations regarding the social-behavioral and developmental needs of students.
- Participating in Child Study Team (CST) meetings as requested by the school administrator or Behavior Specialist.
- Collecting, and monitoring compliance with Behavior and Incident forms.
- Maintaining data related to Emergency Safety Interventions (ESI).
- Develops and provides professional development workshops as requested by the school Principal or Behavior Coordinator.
- Participates in family educational opportunities, including but not limited to Parent Empowerment Nights
- Conducts student education and outreach opportunities, including assemblies and/or classroom instruction.
- Adheres to and supports Board policy, School guidelines, and administrative rules and directives.
- Maintains accurate case records and documentation.
- Maintains current knowledge of Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations and abides by said laws and regulations with emphasis on persons with disabilities, child welfare, mental health, confidentiality, and student and parent rights.
- Participates in in-service activities and staff meetings promoted by the School.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Behavior Coordinator or School Principal.
- Preferred: RBT certification or willingness to obtain certification
- Preferred: Minimum 2 years experience with behavior management.
- Preferred: Experience with children with autism
- Preferred: Experience with Special Education and IDEA requirements
- Physical ability to remain on feet for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Physical ability to bend, lift, and carry at least 50 pounds.
Spectrum Academy provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
- Women-led organization
- Disability accommodations
- Inclusive of minority and disadvantaged groups
- LGBTQ+ friendly workplace
- Diversity and inclusion training or programs
- Paid time off
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30,250.00 – $53,050.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Work Location: One location
- Salary Offers $30,250 - $53,050 a year