Montare Behavioral Health is currently looking for Resident Aids, Mental Health Workers for our Mental Health Programs in the Agoura/Malibu area!
$500 Sign On Bonus after completing 90 days of employment at our Malibu location!
This position is responsible for providing direct service to clients, and for facilitating the smooth day-to-day operation of the program. This position collaborates as a member of the multidisciplinary team (Treatment Team) to deliver effective treatment.
AVAILABILITY: We are currently looking for the following
- Full Time
- All Shifts
- Must be available weekends and holidays if needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain appropriate boundaries with clients
- Review treatment plan goals with clients regularly
- Support clients in accessing community resources
- Assist clients in maintenance of prescribed medication
- Provide effective crisis intervention and support to team members
- Teach independent living skills effectively
- Demonstrate active listening skills
- Prioritize daily tasks
- Utilize individualized approach to client services
- Provide information (verbally and in the communication log) to staff during shift transition
- Be aware of and eliminate stressors in the facility
- Identify, prioritize, and resolve problems accurately and efficiently
- Prepare and facilitate groups as assigned
- Prioritize daily tasks and perform effectively
- Manage program to ensure clients feels safe and secure
- Manage time effectively to carry out daily job duties
- Is present at and oversees client activities
- Ensure completion of household chores by clients
- Ensure facility is clean, safe and in compliance with Community Care Licensing requirements.
- Complete all charts, program documentation, medication management, incident reports and other forms/reports are completed according to company policies
- Complete at least 20 hours of continuing education per year
- At least 18 years of age.
- High School graduate or possess a GED. Coursework in counseling, psychology, or social work PREFERRED.
- Experience working with substance abuse/mental health PREFERRED.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team player. Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record and personal automobile insurance.
- Hiring is contingent upon completion of a Background Check, TB test, and clearance on a drug screen and pre-employment physical. Current First Aid and CPR certification or willing to obtain upon hire.
- For the mental health program additional requirements include receiving DOJ/FBI fingerprint clearance or an exemption and a submission of a signed Criminal Record Statement (LIC 508). Clean Background a must.
- Please note: Renewal Health Group is subject to the new state vaccine mandate for all healthcare workers. As of September 30th, all employees must be fully vaccinated, or if you qualify for an exemption you will need to test twice a week.
SIGN ON BONUS IS CURRENTLY FOR OUR MALIBU LOCATION ONLY.