Oshi Health – Remote Clinical Operations Care Coordinator (Part-Time)
Are you passionate about patient care and looking to work as part of a multidisciplinary care team to improve the digestive health of a large population on a national scale?
Are you ready to create a revolutionary new approach to digestive health care with a radically better patient experience while bending the cost curve down?
Do you share our belief that telehealth and data-driven remote care can provide more accessible, convenient, supportive and whole-person approaches to diagnosing, treating and controlling symptoms for GI conditions?
Are you looking for a flexible, part-time position to provide remote care to our members?
Do you thrive in a rapidly evolving, fast-paced environment requiring creativity, resourcefulness, high energy and an ability to adapt quickly?
If so, you could be a perfect fit for our team! We are a group of like-minded professionals who share a common mission and passion for helping others and a desire to build an industry-leading service in the GI space.
About Oshi Health
Oshi Health is revolutionizing GI care with a digital clinic model that provides easy, convenient access to an integrated and multidisciplinary care team that takes a whole-person approach to diagnosing, managing and treating digestive health conditions.
We take time to get to know each patient, develop a personalized, whole-person care plan that includes identification of symptom triggers and prescription of evidence-based interventions, including medications, dietary changes, and mental health support. Our care is delivered virtually through our app, via secure messaging and telehealth visits. When in-person diagnostics or procedures are needed, we take a concierge approach and coordinate access, care and follow up with local providers. For more information, visit us at: www.oshihealth.com
We are seeking a Care Coordinator to help develop and implement clinical strategies and assist in member care coordination in collaboration with a multidisciplinary clinical team. As a core member of the clinical team, you will have access to ongoing training and support from a GI focused team (RD, MD, Health Coaches, etc.) to help you develop an expertise with digestive health conditions.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of care providers (including MDs, NPs, RDs, Psychologists, and Health Coaches) to provide a whole-person approach to member care.
- Function as a liaison to strengthen the interaction between healthcare providers and members and their families, effect resolution to issues, and assist in potential emergency medical situations.
- Engage new enrollees: educate them on the onboarding process and program benefits.
- Arrange member visits by scheduling and coordinating all appropriate tests, procedures, visits, treatments, and consultations in compliance with provider guidelines.
- Help members understand and execute on their care plans and instructions as required.
- Offer proficient knowledge of referrals to internal and external resources, to eliminate barriers to care execution and provide follow up on progress toward meeting key goals.
- Assist members in accessing services, providing personalized customized customer service and support.
- Partner with the Clinical Operations leadership team to define and help iterate on strategies for member care coordination.
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience working in a healthcare coordination, care or case management role, preferably in a digital healthcare environment
- Completed a degree in a health and science related field, i.e. biology, psychology, health science and nutrition, nursing, etc
- Fluent in healthcare terminology or working understanding of clinical concepts.
- Background knowledge in navigating health insurance plans and coverage on the part of patients. Must be able to provide breakdown of benefits analysis to consumers.
- Needs to be able to work in a cross-functional interdisciplinary modality and effectively create solutions for complicated patient concerns.
- Comfortable and competent with using common administrative technologies (e.g. Zoom, Slack, Office or equivalent), charting electronically in EMR/EHR systems , experience delivering on telehealth platforms preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent customer service qualities required.
- Ability to provide occasional weekend coverage required.
- Must be able to work Monday through Friday with a flexible schedule required.
What you’ll bring to the team
- Ability to solve problems, think outside-the-box, and be resourceful
- Must be result-oriented, a quick learner and self-starter
- Ability to roll up your sleeves to get things done yourself, as well as work in a cross-functional team environment
- Well organized, ability to manage multiple projects at once, eye for details, and collaborate within and across teams
- Thrive in entrepreneurial environment, comfortable with ambiguity, and confident in making decisions
- Operate with high integrity and accountability for results
Oshi Health’s Core Values:
- Own the Outcome
- Do the Right Thing
- Be Direct & Open
- Learn & Improve
- Thrive on Diversity
Oshi Health is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating a diverse work environment. To do that, we champion a workplace where each and every person is treated with dignity and respect and is valued for their unique perspective and contributions.
Oshi Health’s policy is to maintain a working environment that encourages mutual respect, promotes harmonious and congenial relationships between employees, and is free from all forms of discrimination and harassment of any employee (or applicant for employment or service provider) by anyone, including supervisors, co-workers, vendors, or clients. Harassment and discrimination in any manner or form is expressly prohibited. There is no tolerance for discrimination or unequal treatment of any kind on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual and reproductive health decisions, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or civil partnership/union status, familial status, military or veteran status, predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This practice applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, rehire, termination of employment, development and training, compensation, benefits and retirement.
For more information, visit us at www.oshihealth.com