The MSW case manager serves as a leader of the complex discharge planning process and a valued member of the healthcare team. They collaborate with physicians and other members of the healthcare team to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate proactive, complex and safe discharge plans. Collaborates with RN case managers for guidance with medically complex cases. The MSW case manager is also responsible for facilitating coordination of care. The MSW case manager along with the other members of the healthcare team accepts responsibility, authority and accountability for management of care. This shall be in accordance with the current policies and procedures, mission, vision and values of Novant Health. Serves as a resource for discharge planning and care coordination for psychosocially complex cases. Maintains current knowledge of available community resources and post-acute care options. Ideally seeking an LCSW or someone working towards the LCSW. This position will be conducting addiction treatment assessments.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
- Education: Master’s degree required. Master’s degree in social work from school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education required.
- Experience: Two or more years professional social work experience or two or more years healthcare experience preferred. Case Management or related experience preferred.
- Additional skills required: Weekend and holiday coverage.
- Additional skills preferred: Knowledge/Competence of Microsoft office products and keyboarding
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of “First Do No Harm”.
- Health, Wellness & Fitness
- Medical Practice
- Hospital & Health Care