CHILD & ADOLESCENT THERAPIST
SCHOOL BASED THERAPIST
SCHOOL BASED THERAPIST
You are key to our vision: Together We Thrive. At Kenneth Young Center, our staff come together with volunteers, community partners, and the people we serve to create holistic systems of care through interwoven behavioral health programs, older adult services, and community health initiatives. Our team welcomes and celebrates unique perspectives, and represents the diversity and vitality of our local communities. This role helps realize our mission: We partner with communities to support people of all ages to navigate life’s challenges through personalized prevention, intervention, treatment, and recovery. Join our team to grow in your career while building stronger, healthier communities.
Job Scope: Child & Adolescent Therapists provide behavioral health services in an outpatient community based program or school based program serving individuals ages 3-24 years old and their families. Therapists will engage client/ families in treatment planning and motivational enhancement while planning evidence based services to most effectively attain the client’s/ family’s clinical goals. Specific team assignments and duties will be determined based on clinical expertise, experience, interest and credentials.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required. Accommodation for medical and religious exemption will be considered. Weekly testing required for approved vaccination exemptions.
- Provide initial screenings and mental health assessments that identify service needs and recommend options for care.
- Share assessment findings with clients and their families.
- Involve client and their families in the development of treatment plan goals, objectives and interventions that address their assessed behavioral health needs.
- Provide individual, family and group therapy services.
- Provide case management services to assist clients and their families with access to needed benefits and services
- Provide coordinated care by initiating or participating in client centered consultation with other internal and external providers involved in care or services.
- Reassess and review treatment progress with clients and their families at proscribed intervals.
- Assist in establishing effective communication between the Center, other social agencies serving clients, and the community
- Attend staffings or meetings as needed to coordinate care and services for the clients being seen in the school.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee travels by automobile and is exposed to changing weather conditions.
- The employee is required to travel by automobile to and from Schaumburg and Elk Grove Township office locations several times weekly as well as occasional meetings/trainings in and around KYC’s catchment area
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or University in Counseling, Social Work, Psychology or closely related discipline required (candidates currently enrolled in a master’s program will be considered on a case by case basis).
- LCSW/LCPC preferred, but will consider applicants that are eligible to sit for the exam in the future.
- Must have supervised experience in providing counseling and/or psychotherapy services
- Must demonstrate knowledge in the areas of diagnostic assessment, long and short term treatment, family systems theory and group treatment
- Must have basic computer and keyboarding skills.
- Employee is required to travel by automobile to assigned school location one or two days per week
Kenneth Young Center offers a robust benefit package that is highly competitive to the market. KYC offers all full-time employees the following:
- 403(b) plan with organizational matching
- Health Insurance (Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois) including 2 options (HMO and limited network PPO) that are completely free to the employee with no employee paid premiums at the employee-only coverage level.
- Dental (BCBS), and Vision Insurance (UNUM) with low employee premiums
- Long Term and Short Term Disability (UNUM), no cost to employee
- Flexible Spending Account (with up to $550 annual rollover)
- Basic life insurance (50k) paid for by the organization and option for additional voluntary coverage for self, spouse, or dependents (UNUM)
- Clinical supervision for licensure and approximately 12-20 CEUs offered during regular work hours at no extra cost per year
- Work laptop provided
- Supportive supervisors and managers, opportunities to grow and develop
- Incentive program with potential for quarterly bonuses
- Option to “cash-out” up to one week of unused PTO at end of year, opportunity for annual bonus, and annual salary increase (discretionary based on annual KYC financial audit)
- Eligibility to participate in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
To further promote an active and healthy work/life balance, KYC also offers a generous amount of paid time off and staff holidays.
- 8 Paid Organization-Wide Holidays (Juneteenth added for 2022)
- 3 Personal Floating Holidays annually
- 4 weeks of Paid Time Off (With increases based on seniority)
- Flexible schedule; 37.5 hour work week in a hybrid environment
Kenneth Young Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer