Are you a Marriage and Family Therapist or Licensed Counselor looking to make an impact in the lives of our Service Members? Are you licensed or practice in the state of California? MyAdvisor, a specialized holistic wellness company is recruiting qualified individuals to aid in our mission of serving those who serve others.
This position specializes in non-medical counseling that is preventative in nature and addresses things such as living conditions, life skills, relationships at home and at work, stress management, adjustment issues, fear, grief and loss. This is an in-person position location working with the Military and Family Life Counseling program on military bases location nationally.
Some great features of this position include:
- Meaningful work with minimal administration.
- No note taking
- No insurance to file
- No treatment plans
- Flexible work schedule
The Military and Family Life Counseling (MFLC) Program supports service members, their families and survivors with non-medical counseling worldwide. Trained to work with the military community, military and family life counselors deliver valuable face-to-face counseling services, briefings and presentations to the military community both on and off the installation.
Non-medical counseling is preventive in nature and addresses things such as living conditions, life skills, relationships at home and at work, stress management, adjustment issues, marital problems, parenting, fear, grief and loss.
These counseling opportunities are provided for individuals, families, couples and groups. MFLC counselors may be based out of an installation’s Family Center, a National Guard and Reserve Joint Force HQ or other facilities. They also have opportunities to proactively outreach to service members and their families through walk-around counseling.
- Provide a full scope of Child and Youth Behavioral Health (CYB) services to children dependents of military service members and their families at DoDEA schools and community schools, military installations throughout the U.S. and at select installations in Europe and Asia
- Engage with community by walking around, being accessible and actively engaging.
- Provide services include non-medical counseling, training, and health and wellness presentations· Provide consultation with parents, personnel at child daycare centers and schools
- Provide consultation to the installation command staff regarding behavioral issues affecting children and youth Child Youth Behavioral CYB
- Provide consultations with parent and personnel at child daycare centers and schools
- Recommending appropriate referrals and handoffs to military and community resources according to the needs of military service members and their families.
- Develops and/or uses approved training and education programs and materials. Communicates information regarding trends and issues at assigned installation to supervisors.
- Opportunity to participate in surge and on demand events at the military installations.
- Attends training sessions as needed
- Master’s Degree in Behavioral Health Professions
- License to practice in the state of California (LCSW, LMFT, MFT, LPC,)
- Competitive Pay
- Equipment provided
- Medical Dental Vision
- Paid time off
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Competitive 401K and investment opportunities
- Career growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work