MRG Exams, a leader and premier service provider of independent medical examinations is looking for a Licensed Clinical Psychologist, as an Independent Contractor, to perform medical assessments on United States Veterans as part of the VA’s disability benefits process.
The Licensed Clinical Psychologist will be responsible for reviewing behavioral health records through a secure Web Portal and performing a comprehensive assessment on each veteran.
The Licensed Clinical Psychologist will also complete a Disability Benefit Questionnaires (DBQ’s) through the Web Portal. DBQ’s are condition specific forms created by the VA. Through the DBQ’s, the Licensed Clinical Psychologist will document exam findings needed by the VA.
The Licensed Clinical Psychologist will NOT make disability determinations, the VA makes all disability determinations.
This is NOT a treating role. This position only provides assessments.
This position will review and assess 3 Veteran per day on average.
This position will be brought on as an Independent Contractor working 2-3/days per week.
MRG Exams is looking for Clinical Psychologist who are:
- Interested in performing Independent Medical Assessments vs. traditional patient care & treatment.
- Independent medical assessments = Medical Fact Finding & Investigative role.
- Willing to spend at least 50% of their day reviewing medical records and electronic documenting of exam findings.
- Proficient at finding key data points within large electronic medical records.
- Able to analyze data from the medical records and exam findings to complete the DBQ’s and form medical opinions.
- Typing skills are essential.
- Skilled at time management, able to stay on task and meet requirements.
- Completed DBQ’s must be submitted within 24 hours after an exam.
- Interested in serving Veterans in their community.
Required to do the job:
- Must hold a active & unrestricted license within the state exams are performed.
- Must be a PhD or PsyD and have graduated from an APA Accredited school.
- Responsible for maintaining continuing education per license requirements.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have your own reliable laptop.
- Health, Wellness & Fitness
- Health Care Provider