$4,089 – $5,928 a month
Full Job Description
UNM Student Health and Counseling is soliciting applications for a Licensed Clinical Psychologist. This is a Full-Time position. The person in this position will provide psychological testing, clinical assessment, psychotherapy, and consultation services to UNM students. Under general supervision, this person will be responsible for testing to evaluate and diagnose conditions such as ADHD, ASD, LD and other disorders.
Other responsibilities include individual counseling, consultation to other SHAC providers and UNM community, and Outreach. UNM is a Public University with an enrollment of approximately 20,000 located in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The high altitude and relatively mild weather afford many year-round recreational opportunities. New Mexico offers a rich cultural climate with a diverse population and a welcoming attitude.
See the Position Description for additional information.
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- May be subject to credentialing process; must maintain credentialed status, if applicable.
- Must maintain certification status.
Doctorate degree in Psychology, and completion of Pre-doctoral Clinical Internship; at least 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Certification/Licensure State of NM Licensed Psychologist, or eligibility for NM licensure, as documented by out-of-state licensure.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
1. At least five years of experience.
2. Current NM License as PhD or PsyD.
3. Experience administering standardized diagnostic instruments, interpreting and report writing with recommendations for treatment.
4. Knowledge and demonstrated skill in empirically supported treatments for specific diagnoses.
5. Experience with treating older adolescents and/or young adults in an outpatient mental health setting.
6. Experience in successfully applying time-limited treatment methods and demonstrated ability to handle a large case-load in a setting with a high intake rate.
7. Knowledge of psychological theories and practices with diverse clients
8. Experiencing working on clinical teams.
9. Demonstrated ability and comfort with public speaking to student groups of varying sizes.
10. Experience with public speaking, developing and facilitating outreach programming.
Only applications submitted through the official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this job advertisement on a 3rd party site, please visit UNMJobs to submit an application.
Required applicant documents: CV, Cover Letter, Sample Completed Testing Report, 3 References. Optional applicant documents: Publications or Presentation Papers related to this role.
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
- Salary Offers $4,089 - $5,928 a month
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work
Apply for job
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can better find you the right jobs!