CHE is a premier provider of behavioral health services with more than 700 clinicians in eleven states. We are a multispecialty clinical group dedicated to increasing access to mental health services and to reducing stigma associated with mental health conditions.
We provide both psychology and psychiatry services in multiple settings including Outpatient Telehealth, In-person Psychotherapy Clinics, Skilled Nursing and Assisted Living Facilities. Our philosophy of care is grounded in the belief that mental health care should be holistic and patient-centered. Rather than utilizing a one size fits all approach, we recognize people’s mental and emotional health as highly individual and reflective of personal experiences and history, biological and genetic factors, relationships and social support, and social factors such as economic, gender, racial, and other systemic disparities. Personal mental health is tied to the health of communities and the greater social world; therefore, CHE believes that mental and emotional well-being is best achieved by working at both the individual and community levels.
As a collaborative physician, you oversee the care provided by the nurse practitioners (NP) at a healthcare facility. NPs diagnose, treat, and monitor patients on a daily basis. The role of the collaborative physician is to review the patient’s medical records on a regular schedule to ensure the patients receive the care and treatment they need. Our State and Regional Directors will provide the day to day oversight and support for the NPs.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- The psychiatrist collaborates with the CHE APRN / PA in the provision of psychiatric services to evaluate and diagnose adult patients utilizing DSM-5 criteria and develop a plan of care as appropriate according to APA and SAMSHA best practice guidelines, including the prescribing of psychotropic medications.
- The psychiatrist is available to the CHE APRN / PA for consultation and quality review meetings as required by State regulations.
- CHE hires, trains, and audits the APRN / PA and provides day to day supervision of the APRN / PA.
- MD Psychiatry
- Active state license(s) & DEA for each state that the MD is collaborating in.
- Board Certification preferred
- Previous experience in long term care or outpatient telehealth behavioral health programs preferred
- Advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills
- Strong communication and team-building skills