Who We Are:
The Alliance for Decision Education (“the Alliance”) is a non-profit education organization leading the growing call to have decision-making skills taught in schools across the country by 2030. Increasingly, teachers, parents and business leaders all are advocating for students to be trained on how to make sound choices, improving their lives and those of others around them. We are dedicated to the belief that better decisions lead to better lives and a better society. Our mission is to improve lives by empowering students with essential decision skills. For more information, please visit www.AllianceForDecisionEducation.org.
The Alliance for Decision Education is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity, promotes equity, and encourages inclusivity. We are committed to building and fostering a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more diverse we are, the better our work will be, and the more impact we will have.
The Community and Partnerships (“CAP”) Department is responsible for growing and energizing a network of individual and organizational supporters. The Program Manager will help achieve these goals by developing and overseeing various councils of key stakeholders for the Alliance. Specific councils include (1) the Workforce Council (recently launched), which is responsible for overseeing the role of industry/employers in the Decision Education movement, and (2) the Decision Science Council (to be launched), which is responsible for coordinating the role of organizations of decision science professionals. The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to develop and implement program initiatives.
The position can be mostly or completely remote initially, but the Program Manager will be expected to mainly work from the Alliance office in Bala Cynwyd, PA once the organization returns to the office this fall. Occasional travel may be expected once it is deemed safe.
- Develop strategic plans for launching, growing, and engaging with the Workforce and Decision Science Councils, and potentially other councils over time
- Identify, evaluate, recruit, and onboard new Council members
- Host Council meetings
- Manage metrics associated with the progress of the Councils
- Coordinate systems supporting the running of the Councils
- Oversee the initiatives that stem from the strategic plans mentioned above
- Work collaboratively with Alliance team members
- Manage the individual relationships with Council members, including all communications and follow-ups
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Considerable knowledge of subject areas related to Decision Science (academic qualification in decision science/analysis or a related field is preferred, but not required)
- 8+ years in an advanced management role with program management experience
- Exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills
- Experience recruiting and working closely with external stakeholders
- Experience working in a dynamic environment
- Strategic and innovative thinker with strong execution skills, including the ability to develop clear project plans and goals
- Responsible, diligent, and conscientious, with outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines; can pivot effectively between projects while remaining focused on priorities and goals
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented; gracious professionalism, exceptional interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with various departments and stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both internally and externally to potential supporters and key stakeholders
- Self-directed with strong initiative and problem-solving skills
- High energy, positive attitude, and emotional maturity
- Good judgment, professionalism, and the highest standards of ethical conduct
- Ability and willingness to adapt and be flexible
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Alliance employees receive a comprehensive benefits package (including health and dental insurance completely covered for you and your family, a 401k with up to 5% match, and long-term disability insurance), generous paid time off and sick-time policies, a laptop, and other tools and resources to help employees do their best work.
- Non-profit Organization Management