Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
The Amherst Residential platform provides a comprehensive suite of services to facilitate the ownership of single-family rental properties, including property management services, asset-level financing, and asset management services. With a deep understanding of and proprietary analytics on the single-family home and mortgage markets, Amherst’s platform combines a unique combination of national scale with local market knowledge and execution.
The Asset Management team seeks a community development manager who will report directly to the VP, Build to Rent UW & Project Management. The role will oversee the development of communities of single-family homes being constructed by a builder for Amherst as rental properties.
This individual will be responsible for:
- Assisting the build-to-rent underwriting team in the creation of the initial year 1 HOA budget and community development business plan during initial underwriting
- Execution of community development business plans following investment committee approval through the initial leasing phase
- Selecting appropriate community amenities (when applicable) to improve marketability
- Coordinating with appropriate internal operational teams (construction, leasing, marketing, legal, etc.) throughout the development and construction process
- Ensuring the delivery of homes from the builder in accordance with contractual requirements, including project schedule and Amherst approved product specifications
- Ownership of the community’s investment performance in accordance with underwritten budget and project pro forma
- Reporting internally on development milestones, process, and project execution relative to underwritten expectations
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Communication – strong ability to interact professionally with other departments through written/verbal communication
- Self-motivated – strong ability to resolve issues and proactively manage internal expectations
- Ability to understand how strategic decisions and operational actions affect financial results
- 10 years+ development experience
- Residential development experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
Our full-time employee benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO including 7 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, and 1 volunteer day
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Up to 16 weeks paid maternity leave; up to 4 weeks of paid parental leave
- Backup childcare offered through Bright Horizons
- Relaxed casual environment with virtual office events
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.
- Investment Management