I. JOB TITLE: Community Programs Manager
Reports to: Assistant Director of Community Programs & Education
Hours: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Location: Santa Maria Warehouse
II. JOB FUNCTION – The Community Programs Manager is responsible for overseeing the logistics, and execution of all North County Foodbank food literacy programs ensuring the success of all Foodbank community programs as pathways to the Foodbank’s mission of ending hunger and transforming the health of Santa Barbara County. The Community Programs Manager will be part of an innovative, energized team within an organization that is constantly moving forward toward its mission.
III. PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overseeing all North County Foodbank programs in Santa Barbara County including supervision of program facilitation, reporting, and community outreach.
- Implementing the expansion of North County program sites with partner organizations by identifying key partners and ensuring the sustainability of programs adopted by partner organizations.
- Conducting all volunteer instructor training specific to program logistics and program evaluation.
- Implementing and executing new programs and health initiatives for target populations in North County including: Food Rx program, Food Access for Farmworkers program, etc.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Summer Food Service Program (Picnic in the Park).
- Assist in the on-going evaluation and monitoring of all North County programs.
- Assist in the implementation of new technologies, including Link2Feed, Routific, etc.
- Prepare for and execute emergency/disaster relief services as needed.
- Direct supervision of Community Programs Coordinator, temporary staff, and interns, if applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
IV. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree (Social Science, Education, or Nutritional Science preferred)
· Nutrition background/knowledge
· 1-2 years project management/supervision experience
· Experience with public speaking and demonstrated presentation skills
· Experience engaging and collaborating with social service organizations, K-12 schools, community centers, etc.
V. SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Proficient in reading/writing and speaking Spanish required.
· Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Demonstrated management and leadership skills, and ability to hold self and others accountable to deadlines
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with staff, management and executives
· Ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team
· Proven ability to build effective working relationships and strong interpersonal skills
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy
· Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
· Demonstrated commitment to supporting low-income and underserved populations
· Passion for working with youth
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Professional Suite
V. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
· Valid CA Driver’s License
· Clear driving record
· Access to reliable transportation for occasional work-related travel
· Flexible schedule to meet program goals
· Ability to lift 30 pounds
· Ability to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen
The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.
To apply for this position, email your cover letter and resume to Jacqueline Valencia, Assistant Director of Programs and Education at email@example.com.