Due to rapid expansion in all of our clinics, we are offering a $1000 sign-on bonus for Community Support Specialist positions; additional $2,000 sign-on bonus for Qualified Mental Health Professionals. We are eager to be able to continue to serve clients in our service areas and need you to make this happen!
The Community Support Specialist provides integrated, holistic, community support services for adults with long-term mental health disorders. The Community Support Specialist serves as an active member of the client’s integrated health team and acts as a liaison to other wellness team members, internally & externally. CHN team members enjoy a collaborative team environment, and competitive benefits, including quarterly performance incentives.
- Use a motivational, stage-matched approach, provide individualized services based upon strengths,
needs, abilities, and preferences identified collaboratively with client/family, focused on supporting client’s movement toward recovery/resiliency goals
- Assist client in identifying strengths, needs, abilities, & preferences in regard to mental illness/substance use
and participate in development of the initial wellness plan, update & completion of his/her/their Wellness Plan
- Provide services from a holistic perspective, incorporating coaching surrounding the Eight Dimensions of Wellness, with attention to each domain of wellness, including physical and mental health
- Provide assistance & make referrals to public services & additional providers, as needed, including financial, housing, emergency assistance, food, etc.
- Maintain contact with clients who are hospitalized, participating in discharge planning and communicating with all involved providers in developing aftercare plans
- Provide education and skill-building in areas such as daily living skills, employment/education, symptom management, communication/relationships, budgeting, maintaining a residence, etc., with focus on movement toward independent completion of these tasks, or referral to long-term supports
- Assist clients with developing personal support systems, including, but not limited to, work with family
members, legal guardians, recovery communities, etc.
- Meet service provision expectations per client needs and company guidelines & complete documentation and paperwork within the required timeframe
- Assist client with transportation as clinically indicated. Driving is an essential function of the position
High School/GED required
Associate’s/Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in a human service-related field preferred
At least four (4) years of experience OR a combination of higher education and experience required if a High School/GED is the highest education obtained
At least two (2) years of experience OR a combination of higher education and experience required if an Associate’s degree is the highest education obtained
(*If the degree is an Associate’s of Applied Science in Behavioral Health Support from an approved institution; then no additional experience is required)
At least one (1) year of experience required if a non-human service Bachelor’s degree is the highest education obtained
All experience must include working with individuals with psychiatric, substance use, and/or developmental disabilities
A valid driver’s license and agency established minimum automobile coverage required
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant.