$22.83 – $24.86 an hour
Full Job Description
- Provides counseling services to clients
- Conducts group counseling, along with individual client meetings
- Prepares treatment plans based on initial assessment of client needs
- Creates case notes to document sessions
- Responsible for progress reports, monthly summaries, and discharge summaries
- Conducts group counseling sessions with clients
- Communicates key information with Community Supervision Officers
- Tracks compliance with drug and alcohol testing
- Participates in staffing case with supervisors, peers, and the courts
- Maintains appropriate entries in the electronic systems
- Operates office equipment, computers, phones, etc., necessary for the work
- Completes documentation of daily work activities in relevant databases
- Provides case consultation to Community Supervision Officers regarding clients with mental illness and/or substance abuse problems
- Monitors deadlines to ensure completeness, accuracy and compliance with policy, grant standards, funding, and licensure requirements, special conditions of community supervision, and Community Justice Assistance Division (CJAD) general and substance abuse standards
- Participates in work groups as necessary
- Provides group instruction to clients
- Contributes to and helps create a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a cooperative and amicable manner with supervisors, coworkers, and members of the public
- Works overtime as required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must meet the minimum requirements for access to Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Information
- Must have a valid Texas Class C Automobile Operator’s license and must be insurable under the Department’s Automobile Insurance Plan
Applicants for this position will be subject to a criminal background check that includes being fingerprinted. This applies to any position with network access to CJI (Criminal Justice Information) systems or access to an area where CJI is received, maintained or stored either manually or electronically (i.e. custodian, maintenance).
- Convictions, probation, or deferred adjudication for any Felony or Class A Misdemeanor
- Convictions, probation, or deferred adjudication for a Class B Misdemeanor, if within the previous (10) years
- Open arrest for any criminal offense (Felony or Misdemeanor)
- Family Violence conviction
NOTE: Applications must include ALL past employment. Qualifying education, experience, knowledge and skills must be documented on your job application. You may attach a resume to the application as supporting documentation but ONLY information stated on the application will be used for consideration. “See Resume” will not be accepted for qualifications.
Salary Monthly Range:
- $3,957.20 (=$22.83 Hourly) – $4,309.07 (=$24.86 Hourly)
- Commensurate with Experience
- Based on 26 pay periods
THIS IS NOT A CONTRACT POSITION
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date or at the discretion of the Hiring Department.
- Salary Offers $22.83 - $24.86 an hour
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work
Apply for job
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can better find you the right jobs!