Saint Peter’s University Hospital’s For KEEPS program (Kids Embraced and Empowered through Psychological Services) is a short-term acute partial-hospitalization state-of-the-art unit. This program is licensed by the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services. Established for fifteen years, the For KEEPS program has been recommended to “be a model for children’s partial hospital programs statewide”.
The Counselor at our For KEEPS program will provide direct care and management to the children at the center ensuring a safe and therapeutic environment.
- Conducting daily group sessions that address the specific treatment issues of each child
- Integrating clinical goals into day-to-day program activities
- Providing support to the education services component relative to classroom instruction
- Completing all patient documentation at the end of every day
- Actively providing input into the multidisciplinary team process
- Demonstrating and maintaining proficiency in the Handle with Care behavior management system
- Following a vehicle schedule to transport the children to and from program.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a social science required, i.e. Psychology, Sociology
- Previous experience in children’s mental health services is strongly preferred
- Genuine interest and respect in working with at-risk youth