Full Job Description
The Counselor I provides individual, family, and group sessions for clients and their families who suffer from substance abuse and/or dependency. Implements assessments, treatment plans, and discharge plans on all clients assigned to their caseload. Actively communicates with referral sources to secure ongoing services for clients preparing to discharge from current levels of care.
PRINCIPAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. *Commits to the mission, vision, beliefs and consistently demonstrates our core values.
2. *Establishes and maintains effective therapeutic relationships with clients and/or families and significant other who are experiencing a variety of complex substance abuse problems.
3. *Utilizes skills in individual, family, and group settings as they apply to primary substance abuse issues.
4. *Conducts chemical dependency assessments and evaluations to include a complete psychosocial assessment process.
5. *Ensures completeness and timeliness in clinical record keeping.
6. *Provides educational lectures to both clients and their families in areas specific to substance abuse.
7. *Presents clinical cases to a multidisciplinary team in order to develop and prioritize client’s needs, update treatment plans, and plan for appropriate discharge.
8. *Maintains active and consistent communication with current and potential referral sources in the community to ensure continuity of care for substance abusing clients.
9. *Clinically communicates with third party payers in order to ensure continued stays for clients at the appropriate levels of care.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalency required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Provisional licensure as an Alcohol and Drug Counselor required. Minimum six (6) months experience counseling required.
If prior or current history of alcohol and drug dependency, must provide evidence of sobriety for a minimum of twelve (12 months prior to employment.
OTHER CREDENTIALS / CERTIFICATIONS:
Basic Life Support (CPR) certification required.
Location: Bryan Health · Indep Center-Adult/Youth
Schedule: PRN (hours as needed), Rotating shifts, 8a-9p
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work
Apply for job
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can better find you the right jobs!
Contract 43068, Reynoldsburg, Ohio, United States
Contract Palatine, Illinois, United States