Full Job Description
Facility: WOODRIDGE INTERVENTIONS
Compensation Base: $17.00
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
In conjunction with supervisor and treatment team, provides chemical dependency counseling services to patients and their families/collaterals through assessment and design,implementation, and revision of treatment plan..
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Obtains information from patients and others and uses appropriate tools to make assessment; prepares summary and makes recommendations regarding treatment; communicates patient information to treatment team; maintains knowledge of the pharmacological effects of drugs and alcohol on patient health; uses ASAM patient placement criteria for appropriate placement and continuing care.
- Develops service and continuing care plans; prioritizes problems and plans appropriate methods of addressing problems; incorporates appropriate use of community-based support groups.
- Develops therapeutic relationships with patients and significant others and uses communication skills to engage them in treatment; identifies obstacles to counseling and minimizes their impact.
- Plans, structures, and organizes different types of group therapy sessions.
- Conducts individual, joint, and family counseling sessions using family members and/or collaterals to determine family’s impact on patient and patient’s impact on family and/or collaterals.
- Supervises patients during free and unstructured time, identifies and uses treatment tools to monitor and support the structure within the program.
- Identifies potential conflicts and implements crisis intervention techniques to prevent or intervene in potential crisis situations.
- Uses clinically appropriate professional terminology to complete forms and records, accurately and timely documenting patient assessment, planning, and progress; maintains knowledge of laws and regulations surrounding confidentiality of alcohol and drug patient’s charts.
- Develops and maintains appropriate professional boundaries between self, staff, patients, and collaterals and identifies issues related to ethics and boundaries, as identified in the Code of Ethics policy.
- Identifies tasks to be completed in order of highest to lowest priority and behaviors that will not interfere with the ability to complete assignments.
- Promotes teamwork through collective effort and works cooperatively with team members.
- Maintains appropriate credentials and pursues internal and/or external training and development opportunities.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Adheres to confidentiality requirements.
- Attends mandatory in-services.
- Knowledge of the procedures to follow in the event of an incident.
- Knowledge of job responsibility in emergency.
- Knowledge of responsibility regarding actions to minimize, eliminate, and report risks.
- High school diploma or GED and 24 credit hours of college education or accredited training program in substance abuse counseling and/or other human services area. Higher education given preference.
Required certifications or license:
- IAODAPCA certification CADC, or above. LSW, LCSW, LPC, or LCPC
Minimum experience required:
- Two (2) years paid work experience in a substance abuse, correctional, or other human services counseling position.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work
Apply for job
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can better find you the right jobs!