$19.65 an hour
Full Job Description
Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
Evaluates and assesses clients. Target population is serving clients with a primary diagnosis of substance abuse and are experiencing homelessness. Prepares and implements treatment plans with clients. Provides therapeutic and supportive services to clients, including individual, group, and family counseling and case management. Prepares and presents education seminars to clients, their families, the general public and other service providers on chemical dependency and/or mental health. Case management activities are generally community based.
- Provides direct services to clients including organizing and facilitating individual and group treatment and activities, supervision of the milieu and case management and outreach.
- Develops clients abilities to problem-solve interpersonal conflicts.
- Facilitates with clients and collaborates with the treatment team to develop, review and update treatment goals and referrals both internally and externally.
- Takes responsibility for training in and documenting clinical chart requirements to meet program and state standards.
- Provides education and direction to clients, family members and/or significant others.
- Organizes and participates in treatment-related clinical conferences and staffing’s on assigned clients.
- Reports client progress, behavior problems or need for medication evaluation to program supervisors/physicians/psychiatrists regularly.
- May assist in the orientation and training of new staff.
- Responds to inquiries, gives appropriate information and referrals, and documents, if necessary.
- Involved in quality improvement activities on an ongoing basis (such as implementing processes as a result of performance measurement reviews, participation in councils and teams, making suggestions to improve a process, designing curriculum for groups).
- Conducts crisis intervention/evaluation/referral to persons who present themselves at the program.
- Performs initial evaluations and assessments of potential clients regarding their appropriateness for participation in the program. Provides ongoing assessment of client’s progress/growth.
- Participates in collection of client fees including completing forms for third-part coverage and discussing balances due with clients, as appropriate..
- Works with clients to secure and maintain entitlements, housing and other needed services.
- Monitors clients to insure that they are caring adequately for themselves and for the facility and furnishings.
- Demonstrates/teaches ADLs, when required. Teaches independent living skills, including cooking, cleaning, budgeting, medication management and leisure time planning skills.
- Works to develop client self-reliance.
- Assists with client medication compliance and training.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of methadone/LAAM and buprenorphine in methadone maintenance.
- Monitors the collection of urine specimens and related tasks.
Knowledge Skills Abilities and Education Required
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or
- Bachelor’s in any field and two (2) years’ experience, or
- High School diploma or GED and five (5) years’ experience
If in a SUPR funded program, within 24 months of employment:
- Must obtain certification as an Alcohol/Drug Abuse Counselor (CADC) by the Illinois Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Professional Certification Board (I.A.O.D.A.P.C.A.) or have equivalent certification by a similar state or national board
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.
Lake County Illinois
6 days ago
- Salary Offers $19.65 an hour
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work
Apply for this job
Apply for job
Email Me Jobs Like These
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can better find you the right jobs!
Showing 1–5 of 991 jobs
Full Time Minneapolis–Saint Paul, Wisconsin, United States