Empowering Lives. Restoring Families .®
Under the supervision of the Director, the Counselor conducts individual sessions focused on counseling, case management and discharge planning and facilitates skills-based and psycho-educational group therapies.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Facilitates two individual sessions per week.
- Provides individualized counseling, case management and discharge planning services.
- Facilitates skills-based and psycho-educational group therapies as scheduled.
- Coordinates treatment goals and services in collaboration with the treatment team.
- Timely completion of documentation (session and group notes) according to established standards.
- Attends weekly treatment team meetings, staff meetings, and clinical supervision.
- Maintains clear boundaries with residents and staff. Holds direct care staff to the rules and guidelines of Newport Institute. Sets limits and assists to manage clients when staff is in need of support or supervision.
- Follows all guidelines to protect client privacy and confidentiality.
- Attends meetings, trainings and conferences representing Newport Institute as needed.
- Credentialed as a mental health or substance abuse counselor in the state working
- Experience with mental health, substance abuse, and/or young adults
- Master’s Degree from an accredited or state approved graduate school
- Licensed or license-eligible in Counseling or Social Work in the state in which working
- Experience in working with young adults in a residential treatment center
- Training and/or certification in specialized trauma-informed therapeutic modalities
Newport Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Newport Healthcare provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Newport Healthcare is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information on Equal Opportunity, please click here Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
- Mental Health Care
- Hospital & Health Care
- Health, Wellness & Fitness