Are you a highly motivated, organized, and hard working individual who can work in a fast paced environment? If so, Luzerne County is looking for you!
The employee in this position is responsible for developing, analyzing, and coordinating policy planning and budgets for the adult clinic based mental health services (inpatient, outpatient, partial hospitalization services, crisis, case management and base service unit activities) as well as ancillary services.
They will assist with the monitoring of mental health allocations, contract amendments, year–end budgetary adjustments, and Medical Assistance (MA) expenditures relative to clinic based services and ancillary services. The employee will also review and mediate all consumer and family complaints regarding adult clinic based, case management, and ancillary mental health services.
- Full-time employment
- Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, with a 30 minute lunch period
- You will have the opportunity to work from home (telework) up to 3 days a week. In order to telework, you must have a securely configured high-speed internet connection. If you are unable to telework, you will have the option to report to the headquarters office in Wilkes-Barre.
- There is a possibility of this being changed due to agency/business needs.
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements: One year as a County Mental Health Program Specialist 1; OR Three years of professional level experience in the field of mental health; and a bachelor’s degree; OR Any equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Hiring Preference for this vacancy will be given to candidates who live within Luzerne, Wyoming, Lackawanna, Columbia, Carbon, Schuylkill, Monroe, or Sullivan counties. If no eligible candidates who live within these counties apply for this position, candidates who reside in other counties may be considered.
- Do not submit resumes, cover letters, and similar documents. These documents will not be reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position or to determine your score. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans’ Preference tab or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
- You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.
Benefit packages are determined by the county and may vary. Please contact the applicable county human resource office directly to inquire about a specific benefit package.
- Salary Offers $47,600 a year