Full Job Description
Lutheran Social Services of Illinois is a not-for-profit social service agency with more than 70 program sites throughout the state of Illinois. Our services include counseling, mental health, substance abuse treatment, housing, work with prisoners and their families and services for older adults and a variety of services for children including preschool, foster care, and adoption.
Provides pre-screening of patients in crisis and linkage to case management services in a team based environment. Intervention focuses on clinical assessment, linkage to appropriate community referrals and engaging difficult to engage clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Seeking a full-time overnight position in an emergency room setting on the North side of Chicago.
- This position meets 40 hours by working three shifts.
- Shift options available for this position is any combination of Monday, Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday.
- Candidate will pre-screen patients in crisis in the Emergency Department and provides open access to support for human service needs like food insecurity, resource assistance, emergency housing, transportation assistance, etc.
- Intervention focuses on clinical assessment, appropriate referrals to community resources, engaging difficult-to-engage clients using the emergency room over routinized community care.
- Screening helps determine the best level of care for the patient and assists in helping the patient obtain that level of care.
- Bachelor degree in Psychology/Social Work/Human Services is required (Master’s degree or master’s student strongly preferred).
- Preferred one year experience working with mentally ill patients, counseling, crisis intervention, case management and/or substance abuse.
Benefits and Perks:
Come be a part of this rewarding environment, and enjoy the knowledge that you’re helping others live better lives, as well as these career advantages:
What we offer:
- Competitive salary based upon relevant education, experience and licensure
- Opportunity for advancement
- Comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare insurance, up to 26 days of paid time off per calendar year, 10 paid holidays, sick time, 403(b) plan, Employee Assistance Program, and flexible hours
- The training you need to learn, grow, and succeed!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, pregnancy, any other characteristic protected by law.
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work
Apply for job
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can better find you the right jobs!