High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
****To be considered for this position, you must reside or plan to relocate to the state of Texas****
****You must also live 45 miles outside of the San Antonio area to be considered for this position****
Customer Service with out direct customer interaction! Remote Work from Home position.
A customer service opportunity unlike any other customer service opportunity out there! Help serve the deaf and hard of hearing community.
We are seeking caring Captioning Agents (CA’s) to caption telephone calls. This is an entry level position with a growing, enthusiastic team. We are currently hiring part-time positions with the opportunity for full-time employment in the future. CaptionCall offers flexible scheduling to accommodate your lifestyle.
CaptionCall performs captioning communication services that are regulated by the Federal Communications Commission. These regulations include requirements on answer times, prohibit hang-up, mandate absolute confidentiality and limit call transfers to current FCC Regulations. Calls cannot be recorded and therefore there are no transcriptions of calls. All call content must be kept strictly confidential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service by dictating/captioning a variety of conversational topics verbatim.
- Maintain a high level of dictation speed and accuracy.
- Maintain strict consumer confidentiality.
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Travel Requirements: Less than 25%
- High School Diploma or GED or call center experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to pass a typing skills evaluation.
- Must be able to pass entry level dictation assessment
- Possess basic computer skills including knowledge of MS Windows.
- Knowledge of English language structure and content, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Ability to communicate effectively through reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Ability to hear and speak clearly in order to effectively dictate.
- Ability to correct and edit text on a computer.
- PC/Laptop (Windows 10, Chrome, Mac)
- 8GB Ram
- I5 Processor/equivalent or better
- USB Headset
- High Speed Internet
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Punctual and reliable attendance.
- Provide excellent customer service by captioning exactly what is being said without any variation.
- Ability to sit and/or stand at a desk and work with a computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to concentrate for extended periods of time and complete full calls.
- Ability to work and focus in an environment with noise and other distractions.
- Ability to work productively during calls on a wide range of subjects, including emergency situations.
- Positive attitude, team player, good interpersonal communication skills and able to work across company departments.
This position has access to highly confidential, sensitive information relating to the employees, customers, and technologies of Sorenson Communications and CaptionCall. It is essential that applicant possess the requisite integrity to maintain the information in strictest confidence.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
CaptionCall and Sorenson Communications are an EOE, Disability/Age Employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Work from home
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work
Apply for job
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can better find you the right jobs!