Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re changing the nature of work. Palo Alto Networks is evolving to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
Palo Alto Networks is building a world-leading digital services experience and seeks world-class talent to expand the team. As the Director of Customer Community and Online Services at Palo Alto Networks, you will be responsible for defining the future of digitally delivered services and social care. You will develop innovative best practices to set new standards in the industry, resulting in a digital-preferred experience for all customers.
You will have total leadership of our community platform from concept definition to experimentation to launch execution and beyond. Additionally, you will partner to create a seamless digital customer experience across all properties and tools. You will work very closely with the services product managers, service delivery organizations, IT, and the product teams to deliver our shared vision of digitally preferred services.
To be successful in this position you must lead with a combination of strong entrepreneurialism, evangelism, and strategic execution. Internally, you help the company understand how the community drives customer success, ROI, and our bottom line. You collaboratively pioneer in unexplored territories, embracing complexity and ambiguity to deliver rapid results. Externally, you produce meaningful moments to show customer value and build relationships. You leverage data and creativity to grow and improve the digital customer experience incrementally and transform quarter over quarter and year over year. You live and breathe online experiences.
- Establish your vision, product strategy, product roadmap and technology requirements as part of the overall digital program
- Be a thought and influence leader for the needs of digital assets
- Extract and convert company goals into and digital preferred plans and initiatives, showing measurable results to expected outcomes
- Collaborate with internal teams and customers to understand opportunities and needs, establishing objectives and key results
- Engage cross-functionally with engineering, IT and other teams to solve problems and deliver high-quality products
- Operationalize our people, processes and systems to define and drive goals and metrics around growth, engagement and optimization
- Anticipate future project needs to set yourself and your teams up for success through effective planning and execution
- Present, write, and speak with passion about our digitally-delivered services, representing the mission and customer outcomes
- Lead the operational direction of the team and develop its talent
- Generally, 6+ years of demonstrated success in similar community-building role, nurturing growth and innovation
- Typically, 10+ years successfully mentoring and managing a team
- Proven track record in fast-paced environments with overlapping projects/deliverables where your detail-orientation ensures that when things are moving fast, nothing falls through the cracks
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills and ability to interpret and act on insights from multiple, complex data sources
- Direct experience with Khoros, Coveo and SalesForce
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills leading and contributing to cross-functional teams
Travel Requirements: Long term, some travel may be required.
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is. Our team is creating the curve for digital service experiences.
As the fastest growing cybersecurity company, we have a broad range of customers who expect the very best cybersecurity partner. Our customers expect their service to be as innovative and excellent as the rest of our products, which rounds out Palo Alto Networks’ mission. Within Global Customer Service, top talent provides consulting, professional, and technical services to drive customer outcomes. The Digital Customer Experience team seeks to deliver services through a fully-digitized and preferred journey.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary disclosure required by sb19-085 for positions located in the state of Colorado: If hired in Colorado, this position starts at a salary of $157,800/yr. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary. Restricted stock units and bonus pay may also be offered as part of this compensation package, as well as benefits that include: flexible paid time off, employee stock purchase program, medical, dental, vision, 401K, life, and disability insurance. Additional information about benefits may be found here.
- Computer & Network Security