About the job
About This Role
As a Global Medical Director you will be responsible for key activities within Biogen’s Intercontinental Region (BIR) encompassing Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East/Africa regions. These activities include the development and implementation of the Alzheimer’s disease real-world data generation strategy, Value & Access support for reimbursement, global clinical support of the Expanded Access Programs and appropriate RW data dissemination for Biogen’s Alzheimer’s programs.
This will require a wide range of internal cross- and intra-functional as well as cross-geographical stakeholder collaboration and coordination (e.g. Regional and Affiliate Medical teams, Clin Dev, Regulatory, Safety, Value & Access and Commercial) to guide on, plan and execute deliverables. It will also require appropriate external stakeholder partnerships (including KMEs; research centers, investigators and institutions etc.) as needed and appropriate.
What You’ll Do
- Guide BIR Medical data generation strategies and tactics to prepare the introduction of new medicines, working cross-functionally with key internal partner functions (e.g. V&A, R&D, Commercial) to address the medical needs for BIR subregion, and to help generate according comprehensive data generation and dissemination plans.
- Work closely with BIR and country cross-functional teams to ensure the BIR activities are aligned with Global Medical strategy and that Global Medical is aware of affiliate and Regional insights and BIR data generation and educational gaps. Lead relevant above market advisory boards for the sub-region.
- Provide leadership and guidance to BIR Alzheimer’s Disease data generation workstreams and related activities
- Build and maintain strong partnerships and effective collaborations with the Global Medical Director, Real World Evidence team, R&D and other relevant functions to develop Biogen Alzheimer’s observational data collection
- Work closely with BIR and country cross-functional teams to support the BIR activities around site readiness in the subregion including ensuring access to relevant educational materials and programs
- Participate as a member of the Global Expanded Access Program Core Team and global medical point of contact for BIR sub-region.
- May be required to assist with other ongoing medical affairs projects, depending on the business need.
Who You Are
- You have a profound medical affairs experience regionally preferably in the areas of neurodegenerative disease.
- Global/regional competence and a solid understanding of regulatory, payor (health economy), business and compliance environment in one of the BIR areas would be an advantage.
- An established track record of working strategically, operationally and collaboratively with key internal and external stakeholders regionally are key success factors for this role.
- MD, PhD or other advanced degree in the life sciences is required
- Pharmaceutical industry experience required with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in real world evidence generation or clinical trial support
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with regional and/or affiliate medical as well as to attain cross-functional alignments in team settings
- Experience in neurology and Alzheimer’s disease is a plus
- Willingness to travel on regular basis required
Biogen’s strategy is to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapies that improve the lives of patients with devastating neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer’s disease. This Global Medical Director role will be responsible for key activities within Biogen’s Intercontinental Region (BIR) encompassing Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East/Africa regions.
Contact the job poster
Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition at Biogen
Job Poster Location
Greater Denver Area
- Health Care Provider
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work