About the job
Job Description Summary
This position is focused to provide strategic scientific and medical guidance in Oncology by partnering with Global Product Leader, Global Marketing Team, Clinical and preclinical R&D, and Regulatory Affairs, while most of the operational activities must be implemented by the medical expert team and the regional Medical Affairs teams.GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Creation, oversight and governance of the Oncology Global Medical Affairs Strategy
- Provide high quality medical expertise and strategic support to the in-licensing activities and the life cycle management of the Oncology portfolio as well as other functions within GE Healthcare Pharmaceutical Diagnostics (e.g. Regulatory, Pharmacovigilance, R&D, HEOR, etc.)
- Collaborate with brand team in defining the Oncology Global strategy and executing the main Medical Affairs programs
- Participation at scientific meetings with active role in presenting key clinical evidence to referral groups and KOL. Development of relationships with key medical opinion leaders in Oncology and Nuclear Medicine and act as the medical interface for medical societies, health authorities and advocacy groups
- Responsible of the Global KOL Plan including KOL and scientific societies advocacy and interactions, Conference strategy and Advisory Boards.
- Lead and participate in Medical and Scientific forums (i.e., advisory boards and educational) that involve scientific leaders
- Define and lead the Publication Plan according to medical and communication strategy
- Define the external research strategy and assess/support strategic activities related to investigator sponsored trials
- Lead Post Marketing Surveillance Studies and collaborate with Clinical development providing feedback to the development plans
- Input to campaign strategy and brand positioning/messaging for key marketing programs and review and approval of Core Global materials for scientific content
- Oversight and support the creation of clinical summaries, training materials and medical information activities
- The candidate must be medically qualified and hold a M.D. degree with specialization in Oncology and postgraduate clinical experience in clinical oncology
- Core knowledge in clinical oncology of major cancer types (breast, prostate, colorectal, lung, etc.)
- At least 3+ years’ experience in Pharmaceutical Industry in a similar Medical Affairs role
- Good understanding of the added value that Medical Affairs can provide to a dynamic, competitive and growing organization. Business knowledge and understanding of commercial and scientific needs
- Basic experience in clinical research with ability to assess study proposals and publications
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time (domestic and international)
- Highest ethical standards in corporate medical governance
- Strong leadership skills; able to create a dynamic environment that fosters transparency, collaboration and innovative thinking
- Able to work, connect and influence in a highly matrixed environment
- Proven ability to translate and appropriately align commercial and scientific goals and objectives and to interact productively with both commercial and scientific colleagues
- Demonstrated project management skills to establish strategic goals and to prioritize, plan, delegate and evaluate deliverables. Self-starting; able to focus and complete objectives.
- Effective and comfortable presenting scientific information internally and externally
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to build long-term, deep KOL relationships
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills; ability to influence and make recommendations at multiple levels of the company and to work in a virtual environment
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Hospital & Health Care
- Medical Device
- Health Care Provider
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work Full-time remote work