Are you committed to making a positive difference in the lives of those involved in domestic violence? Are you a good caring communicator?
Join our team of competent and compassionate professionals as a Group Facilitator in the Proteus program at Behavioral Health Network! This Group Facilitator position will be hired to serve a culturally-specific group for African American men.
In accordance with the BHN Mandatory COVID vaccine policy – all staff, interns, temps, residents and contractors are required to be fully vaccinated no later than day one of employment. Medical or religious exemptions will be offered and must be approved prior to starting work.
The same guidelines noted above apply during flu season (defined as December 1st – through end of flu season as announced by the CDC) for BHN’s Mandatory Influenza Vaccine policy.
Additionally, BHN is a Tobacco Free workplace. All Staff, interns, temps, residents and contractors agree not to smell of or use Tobacco or ENDS products while on paid work time or within sight of any BHN facility.
Your experience, knowledge and great skills will support the Proteus program with the following:
- Overseeing intervention groups that work to change the beliefs and attitudes of abusive men on a weekly basis.
- Conducting intake assessments of individuals served.
- Ensuring that the assessments, notes, completions, and termination are kept up to date.
- Using your social services education and experience
- Communicating directly with collaborating Victim Advocates and Survivor Leadership Council.
- Providing data and informational trends to a local Survivor Leadership Council and to your supportive supervision team.
Who are we?
The Proteus program at Behavioral Health Network is for men who are committed to becoming safe and accountable relationship partners. Individuals within the program meet for two hours weekly to change their beliefs and attitudes regarding domestic violence for the better.
Behavioral Health Network is a growing non-profit community behavioral health agency that has been providing services to children, adults, families and communities in Western Massachusetts since 1938. BHN provides comprehensive, outcome-driven behavioral health care. We are dedicated to offering high quality, affordable and culturally appropriate care to people of all ages and income levels in our constituent communities.
Reasons to work with BHN:
- Work with an agency who does amazing things for others
- You will be able to change a person’s life
- You will expand your experience in various areas of mental & behavioral health
- You will have the opportunity to grow within the agency
- You will not be bored with our fast-paced environment
- You will have excellent benefits package & time off benefits available
What are we looking for in a Group Facilitator?
- Familiarity with domestic violence issues (required).
- High School Diploma or GED & two or more years of experience working in the social services field (required); Bachelor’s Degree in related field (preferred).
- Ability to become certified in a Department of Health approved Batterer Intervention Program model after hire.
- Spanish speaking applicants and minorities encouraged to apply.
- Help promote peace, safety and social justice—come work with us.