Full Job Description
The Health Psychologist is responsible for providing comprehensive mental wellness care to patients participating in interdisciplinary pain management services and may have the opportunity to participate in related research activities.
Location: This position is at Madigan Army Medical Center (MAMC) on Joint Base Lewis-McChord in Tacoma, WA.
Status: Full-time and part-time effort will be considered in filling this position.
- Lead individual and group therapy using a variety of treatment modalities, including cognitive behavioral therapy, psychotherapy, motivational interviewing, and hypnotherapy.
- Conduct psychological assessments of patients in pain and identify disorders such as depression, anxiety, and PTSD.
- Provide treatment plans utilizing a holistic approach and consideration of the patient’s family and environmental factors, to assist patients in maximizing functions despite pain.
- Assist patients in identifying their health, behavioral, and pain management goals and recognizing and overcoming barriers to these goals.
- Identify appropriate resources for patients and offer referrals.
- Serve as a pain psychology resource for patient centered medical home teams by providing remote, telemedicine support and expertise.
- Participate as a member of an interdisciplinary team delivering care that may include functional restoration, complementary and integrative health therapies, medications and/or interventional procedures.
- Promote safety and confidentiality of patients and research participants at all times.
- Adhere to Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and infection control procedures, when applicable.
- Maintain a collaborative research environment between the Principal Investigator (PI), other site personnel, research participants, The Geneva Foundation and the funding organization.
- Document all correspondence and communication pertinent to ongoing research studies.
- Provide support to PI and research team by data gathering, collection and analysis, preparation of publications and preparation and presentation of results via papers and national meetings.
- Doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology from an APA accredited program required
- Completion of APA accredited pre-doctoral internship required
- Completion of post-doctoral fellowship in health psychology or rehabilitation psychology preferred
- 1+ year of experience preferred
- Background with an emphasis on pain management preferred
- Demonstrate competence in oral and written communication
- Be organized, attentive to detail, and possess a positive, friendly and professional demeanor
- Be flexible with changing priorities and able to communicate in a diplomatic and professional manner
- Possess intermediate level computer skills including experience with Excel and other Microsoft Office Software
- Experience working with military populations preferred
The Geneva Foundation
30+ days ago
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work
Apply for this job
Apply for job
Email Me Jobs Like These
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can better find you the right jobs!
Showing 1–5 of 5409 jobs
View more 3 months ago
View more 5 months ago