About the job
TeamHealth is seeking a Hospital Medicine leader for the role of Facility Medical Director at Transylvania Regional Hospital located in Brevard, NC. This leadership opportunity will report directly to the System Medical Director and Vice President of Operations and will be responsible for the oversight of a growing team of clinicians and advanced practice clinicians.
As Facility Medical Director (FMD), you will be responsible for developing and sustaining relationships, impacting clinical strategies and workflows that promote practice, patient satisfaction and improve value-based healthcare delivery. As FMD, you will be responsible for managing the clinical, financial, human and capital resources of the facility.
TeamHealth is a physician-led, patient-focused company with over 16,000 clinicians. Founded by doctors, for doctors, our success stems from the ingenuity, dedicated teamwork and integrity of our people. At TeamHealth, our purpose is to perfect the practice of medicine, every day, in everything we do. We are proud to be the leading physician practice in the United States, driven by our commitment to quality and safety and supported by our world-class operating team.
Duties May Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Attend hospital general medical staff meetings and serve as a representative on hospital committees;
- Produce and manage FMD report to appropriate Regional Medical Director (“RMD”), Senior Vice President (“SVP”), Executive Vice President (“EVP”), and Vice President Operations (“VPO”);
- Schedule, conduct and report on monthly or bi-monthly Departmental meetings;
- Manage staffing schedule and a core team of twenty (20) providers;
- Produce and execute a yearly Departmental strategic plan;
- Attend monthly Goal Progress meetings with hospital administration along with RMD and VPO;
- Partner with the IM program director to develop departmental initiatives related to the GME program;
- Attend leadership training programs provided by TeamHealth.
- Medical degree (MD or DO) required
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- Ideal candidate will have 3 to 5 years of previous leadership / administrative experience
- Have strong administrative and team building skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Review of applications will begin immediately. Candidates should submit a letter of application including professional accomplishments and curriculum vitae (CV) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of Brevard encompasses 5.12 square miles in Western North Carolina. The city lies about 27 miles from downtown Asheville, and 8 miles from the South Carolina border. Brevard�s downtown encourages residents and visitors to congregate for parades, street festivals, and special events that reinforce the sense of place and being part of a community. Downtown Brevard is home to essential professional service providers, buildings from the 1920s that are listed on the National Registered Historic District. the Brevard/Transylvania Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Center, the Transylvania County Public Library, a first-run movie theatre and the Transylvania Heritage Museum. All this plus many restaurants, galleries, and a variety of retail businesses. Enjoy the outdoors at Bracken Preserve, a 400-acre recreation area that connects downtown with Pisgah National Forest.
Transylvania Regional Hospital is a full-service community hospital serving Transylvania and the surrounding counties. Located in Brevard, North Carolina, Transylvania Regional Hospital is a 92-bed facility and has more than 600 employees and 150 volunteers. The hospital offers comprehensive services through more than 120 active, consulting and courtesy physicians representing a full spectrum of specialties. Transylvania Regional Hospital is fully accredited by The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations and was recently named one of the Top 20 Critical Access Hospitals in the United States. TRH is a member of Mission Health, a Top 15 Health System.
- Leadership stipend
- Leadership training opportunities
- Potential career growth opportunities
- Excellent benefits package
- Professional liability insurance with tail coverage
- Stability of a respected industry leader
- Hospital & Health Care
- Health Care Provider
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work