Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a HVAC Program Manager today with HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HCA Healthcare, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Come join our team as a HVAC Program Manager. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The HVAC Program Manager will be responsible for the oversight of the Facility Management Services HVAC program, which includes, but is not limited to creating and tracking key performance indicators like budget compliance, FTE utilization rates, team productivity as well as providing training and continuing education to field technicians and service managers, conducting quality control site visits, and reviewing inspection reports for accuracy and regulatory compliance. The HVAC program manager must maintain current knowledge of OSHA and State/local code requirements as well as maintain knowledge of Joint Commission inspection requirements. The ability to utilize MEP drawings and architectural plans to determine appropriate system specifications and design requirements, and to navigate facilities to conduct inspections as part of quality control is expected. The HVAC manager will continuously review new technology, tools and maintenance strategies to improve the overall HVAC team efficiency.
- Review inspection reports provided by field technicians for accuracy.
- Conduct hospital site visits to conduct quality control inspections.
- Consult on major repairs identified during HVAC inspections, especially when repairs may affect airflow, or air exchange rates.
- Serve as an HVAC subject matter expert to all levels of HCA Healthcare Engineering and Shared Services colleagues.
- Provide guidance in projects and design guidelines that affect HVAC systems and their respective operations in an acute hospital environment.
- Ability to conduct HVAC inspections, as needed.
- Keep department, service managers, and field technicians up-to-date on relevant code changes and best practices.
- Conduct annual continuing education seminars for technicians to maintain certification where required.
- Ability to understand and apply OSHA standards, CMS, and Joint Commission requirements, as well as local AHJ standards.
- Mentor, motivate technicians, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Train all technicians on proper procedures and inspection workflow.
- Set expectations of daily productivity and quality of workmanship; Monitor weekly schedule and materials usage.
- Track budgets, identify issues and recommend corrective actions.
- Track employee productivity, identify outliers and recommend corrective actions.
- Track equipment performance over time, identify aging / failing equipment and recommend corrective actions.
- Create efficiency and compliance dashboards for all teams, identify issues and recommend corrective actions.
What qualifications you will need:
- High School Diploma, or equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 7+ years relevant experience required.
- OSHA 30-Hour General Industry Certification preferred.
- 3+ years of managerial/project management experience required.
- Engineering degree (Associates/Bachelor) preferred.
- The job may require up to 25% travel.
HCA Healthcare (Corporate), based in Nashville, Tennessee, supports a variety of corporate roles from business operations to administrative positions. Like our colleagues in any HCA Healthcare hospital, our corporate campus employees enjoy unparalleled resources and opportunities to reach their potential as healthcare leaders and innovators. From market rate compensation to continuing education and career advancement opportunities, every person has a solid foundation for success. Nashville is also home to our Executive Development Program, where exceptional employees are groomed to take on CNO- and COO-level roles in our hospitals. This selective program focuses on ethics, leadership and the financial and clinical knowledge required of professionals at this level of the industry.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient’s family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual.”- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our HVAC Manager opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.