Full Job Description
PINE REST DETAILS:
- 4th largest free standing Mental Health Provider in the country and growing.
- 110+ psychiatrists who work in collaboration with Advanced Practice Professionals and Social Workers throughout the Pine Rest network.
- 198+ inpatient psychiatry beds. (Adult, 60 pediatric and 10 flex young adult)
- An organization that takes up challenges – opened an inpatient psychiatry unit for COVID+ patients
- Subspecialty inpatient units (Dual Diagnosis, Older Adult, Higher functioning population, Pediatric)
- Highly regarded Psychiatry Residency Program
- Psychiatry Fellowship programs – Addictions, Pediatrics, Geriatrics and Forensics.
- Broad Continuum of services that include robust Partial Hospitalization, Detox, Residential and Outpatient Programs.
- A busy Neuromodulation Program which provides for ECT and TMS.
- Psychiatric Urgent Care Clinic housed with the hospital
- Opportunities to participate in Research
- Full Time, Employed position
- Inpatient setting with Adult caseload
- Average of 11 patients per day
- Reasonable call requirement
- Supervision of MSU Medical Students, Residents and APPs if mutually agreed upon
- Michigan State University Faculty Appointment Options
- Duties may include clinical admission evaluations, subsequent cares, and discharges from the hospital unit with corresponding and timely documentation.
- Support for Immigration, H1B VISA
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS:
- Base Salary + Productivity and Quality Bonus Opportunities
- Extensive PTO package with 5 additional CME Days
- Reimbursement for board, credentialing and licensing fees
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Options
- Relocation package offered if out of state
- NO Non-Compete Agreement
WHY WEST MICHIGAN?
- Grand Rapids is the 2nd largest city in Michigan with a population of about 192,000 in the city and about a million in the Metro Grand Rapids area.
- Many state parks and pristine beaches within 30 min drive (Muskegon, Holland, Saugatuck, Grand Haven)
- Places Rated Almanac ranked Grand Rapids as the #3 city in the nation for fun and recreation.
- Fredrik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park and John Ball Zoo
- Amtrack transportation to Chicago.
- Grand Rapids airport has international flights to Canada and direct flights to Florida, east coast and west coast.
- Grand Rapids has a vibrant art scene
- Top schools and a thriving real estate market
- Grand Rapids is a great place to live and work https://www.experiencegr.com/
- Please contact Molly Remus at Molly.Remus@PineRest.org
Education, Training, and Experience:
- Current State of Michigan licensing including medical license and controlled substance license (or eligibility to obtain licenses in short order).
- Board certified in Psychiatry from the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology or board eligible within 5 years of training completion and intent to complete board certification.
- Completion of an accredited four-year psychiatric residency program
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work