Mission Connection is looking for a remote Intake / Discharge Coordinator to coordinate and execute the intake and discharge processes of our clients. This individual is required to liaise with the clinical and medical staff to facilitate the completion of these processes per state licensing and Joint Commission accreditation guidelines and company policy.
Mission Connection is a mental health telemedicine service, offering daily group therapy with licensed therapists, weekly psychiatric care including medication management, and weekly individual therapy sessions. Our central goal is to bring long term positive changes to the lives of our clients and their families. We have proven that our culture of respect, collaboration, and professionalism succeeds in delivering highly effective client-centered care. This is our organizing principle – to continue sharing our professionalism, dedication to excellence, and unswerving compassion in order to bring sustained healing to the world, one client at a time.
The Intake / Discharge Coordinator will be assigned projects, based on his/her level of expertise, that include any, or all of the following job responsibilities.
- Conduct client intake process, following all compliance and regulatory body requirements, coordinate communication regarding the intake activity, achieve zero record deficiencies and ensure proper handoff to the next staff member.
- Conduct all client discharges, successfully navigating that process for accurate documentation, correct company policies and processes, and ensuring the client leaves property and the appropriate staff are notified.
- Effectively communicate with clinical, admissions, medical, and operations departments.
- Have thorough knowledge of the Mission Connection program in order to be able to fully explain for new and prospective clients and pertinent parties how the program operates.
- Serve as an important coordinator of communication between multiple departments and divisions in order to ensure a cohesive intake/discharge process for the client and keep pertinent personnel informed of intake/discharging client status.
- Upholding DHS and Joint Commission requirements in both California and Washington State to protect the rights of the individuals served.
- Facilitate the completion of all transitions of clients, and coordinate all activities regarding those processes with the Operations, Medical, and Clinical team.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a human services field.
- Previous experience conducting intakes and discharges in a healthcare capacity.
- Knowledge of Google Suite and Zoom.
- Must be 18 years or older to apply for this position.
- Ability to pass a federal and state background check.
- Must be proficient with the use of Electronic Health Records system (BestNotes experience highly preferred).
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function assigned satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full time, hourly, non exempt
Medical, Dental, Vision