About the job
IU Health – Virtual Care Psychiatrist (Indiana-Remote)
Indiana University Health Virtual Behavioral Health is looking to add a Psychiatrist to their virtual care team. The Behavioral Health Hub offers 24/7 access to providers, social workers and behavioral health counselors for our IU Health hospitals throughout the state. As part of IU Health’s strategic plan to improve the health of Hoosiers by focusing on mental health, we serve our hospitals and provide timely access to behavioral health care needs.
Our exceptional care and continued excellence has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report for the past 23 years. IU Health continues to be ranked among the nation’s best healthcare systems in the nation and #1 system in Indiana.
- Full-time, Monday-Sunday, 7 on/7 off schedule
- 100% virtual, inpatient, consult work
- Opportunity to work in a virtual space from home
- Ability to work with psychiatric patients throughout the lifespan
- Provide psychiatric consults to 14+ emergency departments, inpatient units and primary care offices throughout the state
- Residency training in Psychiatry, required
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Psychiatry
- Physician licensed in Indiana or eligible for medical licensure in Indiana
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, aquarium, concerts and memorials
- Top ranked international airport: ” Best Airport in North America ” nine consecutive years
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- Eagle Creek and the suburbs of Westfield and Fishers have been named to Money Magazine’s list of the Best Places to Live in America
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts ( NFL ), Fever ( WNBA ), Pacers ( NBA ), Indians ( MiLB ), Indianapolis 500 ( IndyCar ), Indy Eleven ( NASL ), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation’s largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and national biking awards
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis, Louisville, and Cincinnati
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await at Indiana University Health.
Indiana University Health is the largest health system in Indiana and among the top ten largest single-state nonprofit health systems in the United States. IU Health has a unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine, one of the nation’s leading medical schools. As an academic health system, IU Health works with IUSM to train physicians, blending breakthrough research and treatments with the highest quality of patient care. Its strategic service lines, cancer, cardiovascular, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatrics and transplant have received national recognition for quality patient care over the decades.
IU Health Is Comprised Of Hospitals, Physicians And Allied Services Dedicated To Providing Preeminent Care Throughout Indiana And Beyond With Significant Success Across Multiple Clinical Programs Resulting In National Recognition
- Indiana’s only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 23 years in a row, with 3 specialties ranked in the top 50.
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report , and is the only nationally ranked children’s hospital in Indiana.
- Six hospitals are designated as Magnet® hospitals by the American Nurses Credentialing Center recognizing excellence in nursing care.
- IU Health Transplant is the only comprehensive transplant program in Indiana and one of the nation’s largest solid-organ transplant center.
- With more than 200 physician researchers leading the way to new treatments, IU Health Simon Cancer Center is Indiana’s only National Cancer Institute-designated patient care center.
- Indiana University Health is one of the employers in Indiana
Indiana University Health’s flagship hospitals are all preeminent, state-of-the-art hospitals with long distinguished histories. They serve as the academic health center and provide nationally recongized clinical care to patients across Indiana and beyond.
A private, nonprofit organization, Indiana University Health owns, or is affiliated with, 16 urban, suburban and rural hospitals and health centers throughout Indiana. With close ties to the Indiana University School of Medicine, more than half of the school’s physicians practice, supervise, and teach residents and fellows at one of Indiana University Health’s hospitals.
Indiana University Health is designated as a Magnet® hospital system by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, recognizing excellence in nursing care at six hospitals. The designation is the gold standard for nursing excellence and the highest national honor an organization can receive for professional nursing practice. Only six percent of U.S. healthcare facilities have received this designation.
With exceptional care, unmatched expertise and continued excellence, patients and families know that they’re making the right choice in selecting Indiana University Health as their premier healthcare system of choice.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
Comprised of hospitals, physicians and allied services dedicated to providing preeminent care throughout Indiana and beyond, IU Health is honored to be recognized in such high distinctions.
- Indiana’s only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 23 years in a row, including 3 adult specialties in the top 50, 5 specialties rated as high performing, and six procedures rated as high performing
- Indiana University Health’s Academic Health Center in Indianapolis is U.S. News & World Report’s top-ranked hospital in Indiana
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health nationally ranked in 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties by U.S.News & World Report .
- Indiana University Health is one of the largest employers in Indiana
A private, nonprofit organization, Indiana University Health owns, or is affiliated with, more than 200 hospitals and health centers throughout Indiana. More than half of the physicians affiliated with the IU School of Medicine practice, supervise, and teach residents and fellows at one of Indiana University Health’s hospitals.
With a continued commitment and a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
No organization in Indiana is ranked higher or offers more highly ranked physicians than Indiana University Health. With exceptional care, unmatched expertise and continued excellence, our patients and families know that they’re making an excellent choice in selecting Indiana University Health as their premier healthcare system of choice.
- Health, Wellness & Fitness
- Medical Practice
- Hospital & Health Care
- Health Care Provider
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work