Implement behavior programs and other habilitative programs. Facilitate and promote community integration. MISSION To provide residential, employment, support, referral, and advocacy services to individuals with disabilities and people with similar service needs to assist them in exercising their human rights as citizens and contributing members of society. VISION Our Vision is that each person we serve will live and work in the community and be accepted by their neighbors, co-workers, family, friends and acquaintances for their individual qualities and contributions ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Include the following.
Other duties may be assigned. • Oversees the purchase of food for individuals, and ensures that dietary requirements are met for individuals. •Demonstrates and implements incidental teaching. •Facilitates teamwork in implementing individual program goals.
- Coordinates in house recreation and community outings based on individual’s interests. •Provides direct care to individuals including medical, dietary, hygienic, behavioral supports and teaching programs. •Maintains a safe and clean work environment and assures that agency property is well maintained; home is clean, orderly and safe. •Maintains calendar of medical appointments, staff schedule, cleansing schedule, menus, and program implementation schedule.
- Coordinates and follows up to ensure that medical appointment recommendations are implemented. •Coordinates and follows up to ensure that meaningful recreation and leisure activities are offered to the individuals. •Follows the procedures, protocols, and policies as outlined in the Personnel Policies and Program Policy and Procedures manuals. •Lifts, transfers, and positions individuals when required as stipulated in service plans.
- Assures that all schedules are followed and implemented as written. •Ensures that the home is compliance with all licensing requirements. •Ensures that the staff schedule is within the budget guidelines and meets the special consideration requirements. •Completes monthly program reviews.
- Implements behavioral and goal programs daily. •Documents case notes, communication logs, programs, incident reports, abuse and neglect reports, safety reports, fire drills, and other required documentation. •Implements Physical/Psychological Management Training as required. •Uses and maintains adaptive equipment i.e.
hoyer lift, wheelchairs, G-tubes, J-tubes, colostomy bags, foley catheter bags and other adaptive devices PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES • Understanding the nature of human systems: individual, group, organization, community and society, and their major interactions for individuals with developmental disabilities. • Skill in identifying and selecting natural opportunities, which promote growth and goal attainment for individuals with developmental disabilities. • Skill in implementing interventions for individuals with developmental disabilities. • Process skills, which are required to implement services for individuals with developmental disabilities.
REQUIREMENTS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Associate’s degree (A.
A.) or equivalent in Human Services, Special Education or related field. Experience working with persons with disabilities in a community based day or residential program. A high school diploma/GED and one year of residential experience will be accepted in lieu of degree. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS •Valid CT Driver’s License •Department of Developmental Services-medication certification •Public Service License valid for the State of Connecticut(if applicable)CPR and First Aid certification •PMT certification SCHEDULE 40 hours FT Tuesday 9am-5pm (office hours) Wednesday 1pm-9pm (direct care hours) Thursday 9am-5pm (office hours) Friday 1pm-9pm (direct care hours) Saturday 8am-4pm (direct care hours) EMPLOYEE BENEFITS Insurance Coverage: Health Insurance – Variety of plans available Dental Insurance COBRA Insurance Continuation Vision Care Insurance Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance Group Rates Life Insurance Benefit Time: Generous paid time off package Paid Holidays: New Years Day Martin Luther King Jr.
Day Memorial Day Juneteenth Independence Day Labor Day Thanksgiving Day Christmas Day Family Medical Leave Paid Sick Days Off Other Paid and Non-Paid time off (i.e. jury duty, military leave, maternity leave, etc.) Training Programs: One week paid training for new employees Ongoing training for all employees Computer training Staff Development Training (i.e. supervisory training) Benefits other than salary: Auto Mileage Reimbursement Employee Referral Bonus Additional Bonuses According to Budget Availability Perfect Attendance Bonus Staff Recognition Program Tuition Reimbursement Home Ownership Program (check to put towards purchase of a new home) Employee Social Events IDEAL University of Bridgeport Post University Accelerated Degree Program – 10% discount for employees and immediate family members Rewarding Experiences Discounts on Auto, Home, and Pet insurance Discounts at several major cell phone companies Plus many more! Higher Education: Marrakech has partnered with the University of Bridgeport and Albertus Magnus to support the lifelong learning goals of its employees.
This partnership makes it possible for Marrakech employees and their immediate family to receive a 10% discount on tuition from University of Bridgeport and a 15% discount on tuition from Albertus Magnus. The discount is applicable toward all degree and certificate programs; it can be applied toward the undertaking of a single class. Financial Services: 401K Retirement Savings Plan Agency Sponsored Pension Plan Credit Union Membership Direct Deposit of paycheck Credit Counseling We are hosting IN PERSON CAREER OPEN HOUSE EVENTS! Walk-Ins Welcome!
2nd Wednesday of every month from 3PM - 7PM! 6 Lunar Drive, Woodbridge, CT 06525 Although you don’t need an appointment, we do ask that you register by contacting Recruitment@marrakechinc.org Please note, we do follow COVID precautions. You will be required to wear a mask and have a temperature screening at the door. You will be able to learn more about Marrakech, and have a first interview by a member of our Recruitment Team.
Please come prepared for an interview and bring two letters of recommendation or previous employment evaluations. We are also hosting VIRTUAL CAREER OPEN HOUSE EVENTS! 4th Wednesday of every month from 4PM – 6PM! You will be able to learn about working for Marrakech, and be interviewed by a member of our Recruitment Team.
YOU MUST REGISTER FOR THE VIRTUAL SESSION IN ADVANCE BY CONTACTING RECRUITMENT@MARRAKECHINC.ORG TO RECEIVE THE INVITATION BY EMAIL. Marrakech is an equal opportunity employer. Marrakech, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status of veteran, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.
- Salary Offers $18.15 an hour