About the job
Maxim Healthcare Staffing is seeking a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) responsible and accountable for the application of the nursing process and the delivery of patient care. The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) demonstrates the ability to make clinical judgments in an effective and efficient manner with supervision of a Registered Nurse. The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) demonstrates critical thinking and performance ability in the coordination of patient care.
The LVN/LPN is responsible for assisting and supporting residents through the entire treatment experience from admission through discharge. The LVN is responsible for communicating observations and insights to the treatment team (i.e. therapists, dietitian, psychiatrist, pediatrician and facility administrator) to ensure the team is comprehensively addressing each client’s issues. The LVN introduces each new client to his/her fellow residents and the treatment staff, and orients each client to the rules, expectations, and routine of the daily treatment schedule.
- Responsible for all issues pertaining to the administration and ordering of medication, blood draws, nursing assessments, and patient care.
- The individual will be responsible for taking of medication orders and transcribing to MAR, administration of medications, ordering medications from the pharmacy, daily count of stock medications and narcotics, and keeping Medication Room up to agency standards.
- Take temperatures, pulse, blood pressure, and weight per program guidelines as well as blood draws as ordered by Physician and completing required paperwork.
- Responsible for taking urine samples as needed and completing all necessary paperwork and following nursing standards related to this process.
- Employee maintains the integrity of the clinical record through timely and accurate completion of all required paperwork.
- Documentation required is program specific and employee shall submit paperwork to appropriate departments as required.
- Other Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) duties as assigned
- Must be able to communicate effectively and participate in both verbal and physical de-escalation techniques. Ability to excel in a stressful, constantly changing environment is required.
- Current Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license for the state in which the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) practices.
- Prefer at least 1 year of experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) .
- Current BLS card.
- Current physical exam per state or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) contract requirements.
- Successful completion of screening tests
- Must pass criminal background screening.
- Current TB test or chest x-ray.
If interested, apply now by sending your application directly through this job site or email your resume at LAEast@maxhealth.com. For more information, contact Diana at 213-296-3783.
At Maxim Healthcare Group, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
- Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
- CO Specific Benefits: Medical/Prescription, Dental, Vision, Health Advocacy (company paid if enrolled Medical), Health Advocate Employee Assistance Program, Health Savings Account , 401(k), 401(k) Company Match, Profit Sharing, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Primary Caregiver Leave, Parental Leave, Life and Basic Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Voluntary Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Hospital Expense Protection Plan, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Home and Auto Insurance, Pet Insurance, Transportation Benefits, CommonBond, Educational Assistance Program, College Partnership Program, Paid Time Off/Company Holidays
About Maxim Healthcare Group
Maxim Healthcare Group has making a difference in the lives of our patients, caregivers, and employees for more than 30 years. Our nationwide suite of services includes home healthcare, companion and behavioral care, healthcare staffing, and workforce solutions. Maxim’s commitment to customer service, compassionate patient care, and filling critical staffing needs makes us a trusted partner wherever healthcare is needed.
Maxim Healthcare Group is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Maxim Healthcare is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please click here to view our EEO and AAP policy.
- Staffing & Recruiting
- Health, Wellness & Fitness
- Hospital & Health Care
- Health Care Provider
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work