Employment Type: Full-Time; 36 hours per week starting June 21st as a Nurse Graduate (will be moved into an RN role once licensed and will attend Nurse Residency classes starting in August)
Location: Scottish Rite/ Work Schedule: The typical new grad nurse schedule is night shift (variable shifts of 7pm-7:30am) or a day/night rotating schedule (several weeks on days then several weeks on nights), including weekend commitments and holidays as assigned by the unit.
By completing this application, your information will be evaluated by a nurse recruiter and considered for new graduate nurse opportunities at Scottish Rite on our M/S floors (1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4S floors)
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta is recruiting talented people like YOU who will put our patients first and help make a difference in their lives. Whether delivering world-class care or finding time to brighten a child’s day, it’s our employees that make Children’s such a special place for thousands of pediatric patients each year.
As one of the nation’s leading pediatric healthcare systems, every role at Children’s is an important one. We all work together to provide the best possible care to the kids we serve. We also take care of each other. Children’s offers a variety of resources and programs to support employees professionally and personally, which is one of the many reasons Fortune magazine has recognized us as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For.”
Through the Nurse Residency Program, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta is investing in the future of healthcare, the profession of nursing and in you. We’re giving you a strong foundation to build your career as we help you develop from an advanced beginner into a competent, professional nurse.
Here is some information regarding our Nurse Graduate program:
Eligibility & Requirements
- Completion of an accredited nursing program
- You are graduating in May or June 2021 from an accredited nursing program (baccalaureate of nursing (BSN) strongly preferred)
- Graduate Nurse with no previous or current RN experience
- Active Georgia RN license or Multi-State RN license through the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (by July/August)
- Active American Heart Association CPR/BLS – Healthcare Provider card
- Phone screen with a Nurse Recruiter
- Face-to-face interview(s)/shadow with specific unit
*Please note: Due to the volume of applications and limited spots available, we will be unable to contact all applicants*
PRACTICE (Caring for the Patient)
- Performs nursing process across the continuum to deliver age and developmentally appropriate patient-family-centered care.
- Integrates values and language preferences into healthcare delivery through a culturally sensitive process.
- Utilizes clinical decision support tools and resources to recognize issues, prioritize care, and modify plan of care as needed.
- Utilizes appropriate documentation tools to record, measure, and retrieve healthcare data.
- Provides patient and family education appropriate for identified learning needs.
- Utilizes resources to plan and provide nursing care that is safe, effective, and financially responsible.
DEVELOPMENT (Fostering Clinical Knowledge)
- Participates in lifelong learning to maintain knowledge and competence that reflects current nursing practice.
- Incorporates new knowledge into nursing practice to support desired outcomes.
- Maintains professional records that provide evidence of competence and learning.
- Self-evaluates professional practice in relation to performance, development, resiliency, and goals.
- Takes action to achieve goals identified during performance review, resulting in change in practice and role performance.
ENGAGEMENT (Engaging and Leading Professionally)
- Provides oversight for nursing care given by unlicensed personnel while retaining accountability for patient care quality.
- Engages in ethical practices utilizing principles from The Code of Ethics for Nurses.
- Maintains therapeutic and professional relationships with appropriate role boundaries.
- Contributes to a supportive and healthy work environment.
- Consults, contributes to, and coordinates care with interdisciplinary healthcare team members.
- Demonstrates investment in others through teaching/coaching/helper roles.
- Demonstrates support of shared leadership through awareness of initiatives and providing input.
- Facilitates timely admission, transfer, and discharge process for patient assignment, ensuring safe and efficient patient flow through collaboration with physicians, interprofessional team, hospital leadership, and staff.
- Pulls transfers or admissions actively through proactive approach and removes or escalates barriers to appropriate leader.
OUTCOMES (Driving Excellent Results)
- Integrates evidence and research findings into clinical judgement and nursing practice.
- Participates in monitoring activities within the work environment to maintain a culture of safety.
- Identifies and communicates hazards and errors.
- Participates in quality and process improvement activities to improve patient outcome and workflows.
- Ensures equipment is in working order to provide safe patient care.
- Demonstrates commitment and flexibility through times of change.
PROFESSIONAL MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS
1. Completes orientation and Initial Assessment of Competency successfully by determined due date.
2. Completes mandatory education and annual competency assessment requirements as defined by unit and system by due date.
3. 75% attendance at staff meetings, if applicable.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Requisition #: 75783
Location: Egleston Hospital (1405 Clifton Rd, Atlanta, GA 30322), Scottish Rite Hospital (1001 Johnson Ferry Rd, Atlanta GA 30342) or Hughes Spalding Hospital (35 Jesse Hill Jr Dr SE, Atlanta, GA 30303)
Function: Nursing – Nursing-Bedside
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Job Segment: Nursing, Patient Care, Registered Nurse, Graduate Nurse, Pediatric, Healthcare
- Total Years Experience 0-5