Under the supervision of the Office Manager, the Medical Biller for Partners for Behavioral Health and Wellness, will process insurance and payments; follow up on denials, and work on accounts. All reception and medical billing activity is highly confidential and conducted in a professional manner. The Medical Biller will also assist with reception desk responsibilities as needed; including greet and schedule clients; and act as a liaison between guests and therapy staff.
Typical office/working hours will be 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. (with some flexibility).
- Verifies and accurately captures patient/client demographic and billing information while scheduling appointments and when documenting referral information.
- Answers the telephone promptly and professionally, screens incoming calls, takes detailed messages, provides correct information, and follows up on patient/client issues in a timely manner.
- Accurately documents patient/client needs, requests and concerns.
- Schedules appointments and procedures ordered by the therapist/counselor/provider.
- Confirms that appropriate referral and authorization documents are obtained and entered correctly into the EMR.
- Under the supervision of the Office Manager, the Medical Biller communicates with patients/clients and pharmacies over the telephone regarding medications.
- Coordinates appointments and meetings for clinicians and office staff.
- Acts as a liaison and processes forms for outside partners such as hospitals, medical services and pharmacies.
- Updates the electronic medical record (EMR) system.
- Collects copays and updates account balances accurately in the practice billing system.
- Works with staff to resolve patient/client inquiries and billing and/or coding questions.
- Sorts and delivers mail, medical records, and other correspondence as needed.
- Processes payments, conducts follow-up on denials, and work accounts.
- Follows practice policies and procedures related to attendance and punctuality; accuracy of work and documentation; protecting the privacy and confidentiality of all client data.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. High school diploma required.
- Excellent written verbal and telephone communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks.
- Competent with computer software including practice management systems and windows applications.
- Strong critical thinking skills, and ability to problem solve.
- Professional demeanor and positive attitude.
- Familiarity with medical terminology and work experience in medical setting preferred.
- Reliable transportation (this is an on-site position).
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $18.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- When are you available to begin working, if selected?
- Associate (Preferred)
- Administrative Assistants & Receptionists: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical Billing & Coding Faculty: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location
- Salary Offers $15 - $18 an hour