About the job
If you have a passion for working with the geriatric population and are committed to working in underserved communities in a collaborative environment focused on value-based care this could be your ideal job. As the Medical Director, you will drive a culture of innovation and open dialogue. Additionally, you and your clinicians will be able to spend time with patients and offer personalized treatment plans for older adults and participate in cutting-edge healthcare innovation.
Enjoy being an integral part of an innovative and growing organization delivering value-based care where your leadership and problem-solving skills will be highly valued.
As Medical Director you will enjoy a mix of administrative and clinical responsibilities and exemplify to your peers the best in primary care delivery. You will oversee all treatment delivery in your clinic and spend 2 1/2 days a week treating patients. You will be responsible for coaching and mentoring your provider team and be an integral part of organizational-wide strategic initiatives.
Shift: Mon -Friday, 9 am -5 pm
Your administrative responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring clinic and on-call schedules are adequately staffed
- Staffing, managing, training, and developing clinicians to grow within the company.
- Leading and empowering your team to deliver primary care that lowers costs via lower hospital admissions and exceptional preventative/chronic disease quality metrics and high patient satisfaction and quality outcomes
- Train your team to master the data-driven tools and practices required to keep patients well and out of the hospital.
- This includes representing Oak Street to external partners (e.g., payers, providers) and creating relationships and partnerships that support our mission and our economics.
- Drive a culture that believes practicing medicine should be fun
You will also be sought after to provide company-wide insight and ideas to help shape continuous improvement of:
- Care Management
- Quality Improvement
- Utilization Management
- Clinical Committee Functions/Leadership
- Network Management
- Health Plan Management
- Documentation/Risk Adjustment
- Clinical Compliance & Policy Development
Ideal candidates will be:
- M.D. or D.O. graduates.
- Board certification in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine is required.
- Fellowship training in Geriatrics, other professional degrees (e.g., M.B.A., J.D., M.P.H.), and prior executive roles are welcome but certainly not required.
- 5-15 years of experience in outpatient practice.
- Extensive experience in clinical leadership roles, leading and coaching physicians to be the best they can be for their patients and their colleagues.
- Experience using a metrics-driven approach to analyze cost, quality, and satisfaction data to drive clinical strategy and program redesign.
- Excited by the process of developing and implementing new processes.
- Experience or passion for population health management and value-based care
Contact the job poster
- Hospital & Health Care
- Health Care Provider
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work