About the job
ClinicalMind is a full-service medical communications company with extensive experience in specialty therapeutic areas. We offer unique, cutting-edge live and digital initiatives designed to integrate, support, and enhance our client objectives and drive additional engagement with key customers.
ClinicalMind’s talented team defines our company. Anyone who works in this business knows that their success is based on one thing above all else – the people. We treat our employees with the same respect we give our clients. Come join a growing medical communications agency!
Job Summary: The Medical Director will be responsible for aspects of delivering scientific services and products as determined by the VP, Scientific Services. The Director will actively participate as a member of the scientific team and will consult regularly with the VP, Scientific Services.
The Medical Director will, with the support and help of the other members of the team including the Account Director(s), assist with the development, implementation and management of clients’ strategic initiatives, new products and technologies and day-to-day activities to support the success of CM business. There is a potential for this position to oversee the development of products in new specialty areas as we grow.
- Assist in the development of overall strategy for assigned specialties.
- Possess strong leadership in working directly with clients, leading discussions and identifying solutions to their business needs.
- Assist in the development of optimal product offerings including digital and print offerings and virtual and live meetings.
- Supervise the activities of writers and freelancers and manage overall project timelines to meet deadlines within assigned therapeutic areas.
- Develop and maintain exceptional relationships with key opinion leaders and manage KOL interaction within the therapeutic areas.
- Be responsible for organizing and planning all department communications and activities, leading meetings, managing vendors, and ensuring effective program design and completion for your assigned scientific projects.
- Understand the competitive landscape for the therapeutic space. Assist the VP, Scientific Services to communicate key competitive information within the company.
- Responsible for assisting in the development of strategy to successfully compete against other companies in the competitive landscape.
- Working closely with technology project manager to insure proper delivery of critical information for clients and healthcare providers on technology related projects.
- Assist with other responsibilities in other specialty areas as needed in a growing company.
- Oversee direct reports within the department (as needed) and provide them with goals and objectives to be mutually agreed upon.
- Partner with other departments to create innovative best-of-breed and compelling proposals.
- Support new business efforts as available and contingent on areas of expertise
Position Qualifications and Requirements:
- Travel: Moderate to significant travel will be required to: a) clients for sales and customer support/ maintenance, b) major medical conferences both in the US and internationally as identified as important by clients or where CM is conducting a supported function/meeting/activity within the designated specialties as well as other medical education conferences and meetings as required.
- Location: Home based or 40 Fulton Street, NYC – 100% remote available
- Experience Desired: 3-4 years in a medical communications; 1-2 years in medical director/associate role
- Personal, Professional Attributes and Knowledge:
The ideal candidate will be an intelligent, quick, forward and strategic thinking manager who is team-oriented, collegial, proactive and predisposed to act as a confidential partner to the senior management team. A sense of humor is considered an important quality as is a natural, optimistic attitude.
The Medical Director needs to have well-developed interpersonal skills, as well as strong oral and written communication abilities.
ClinicalMind is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting and retaining the most qualified employees regardless of race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, age or disability.
- Information Technology & Services
- Health Care Provider
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work