Salary: Per Visit
Shift Type: PRN
- Paid Mileage
- Company Outings
- iPad and necessary materials for patient visits
The Medical Social Worker (“MSW”) provides general social work services to Apollo Medical’s patient population. Working within a patient’s care team, this position facilitates communication between patients and staff, establishes and / or facilitates cooperation and services between Apollo and the community at large, and explores the potential for new services and assists with the development of expanded services.
- Active Medical Social Work licensure in the state of work or willingness to pursue.
- Master of Social Work (“MSW”).
- Provide services to the patient and family to resolve social or emotional problems that could impede the effective treatment of the patient’s medical condition.
- Identify the social and emotional factors related to the patient’s illness, need for care, response to treatment and adjustment to care.
- Assess the relationship of the patient’s medical and nursing requirements to the patient’s home situation, financial resources and availability of community resources.
- Take appropriate action to obtain available community resources to assist in resolving the patient’s problem.
- Provide counseling services, as appropriate when required by the patient.
- Provide services to the patient’s family member or caregiver on a short-term basis when the HHA can demonstrate that a brief intervention is necessary to remove a clear and direct impediment of the effective treatment of the patient’s medical condition or to his/her rate of recovery.
- Participate in patient care conferences and relevant in-services.
- Perform other duties as reasonably assigned.