One of the top 10 largest providers in the country with their location in McKeesport, PA is looking to add 11 Mental Health Counselors to their team ASAP! They are looking for full-time candidates with an interest in Mental Health Awareness and treatment.
In order to apply, you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in counseling or related field
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) license/certification (within 30 days of hire)
- Experience with career counseling of clients with alcohol/substance abuse problems and/or clients from other disadvantaged populations
The candidate will be primarily responsible for the provision and coordination of counseling and casework services within the MH Residential Programs. They are further responsible for educating and assisting individuals with daily living, financial, socialization, mobility and survival skills.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with all consumers, striving to exceed their expectations for service, quality and delivery.
- Meets with assigned consumers at least once weekly to discuss progress; address setbacks and assists consumers with identifying their treatment needs.
- Assists consumers with identifying and achieving personal goals; communicates goal progress to consumer on a weekly basis and provides feedback when needed.
- Provides education and guidance to assist consumers with making life choices. Uses crisis intervention techniques to effectively de-escalate consumer behavior and avoid potentially dangerous situations.
- Develop and lead social and educational on-site groups
- Assists residents with scheduling and attending medical and dental appointments, assuring that appropriate documentation is maintained and filed, determines the need for and service delivery of emergency care, utilizing appropriate and available methods of payment; and education regarding healthcare and illness, including the benefits of education and medication.
- Assists consumers with applying for appropriate financial assistance, developing a budget, establishing checking/savings accounts, and preparing tax forms, rebates, etc
- Provides orientation to the local community with location of pharmacies, grocery stores, recreational facilities, hospitals, doctors, and dentists.
- Educates consumers on emergency procedures such as fire safety, natural disasters, loss of utilities, violence and abuse
- Teaches and encourages the development of social skills through role-plays and participation in recreational activities.
- Health, Wellness & Fitness
- Hospital & Health Care
- Mental Health Care
- Health Care Provider