Full Job Description
Mental Health Counselor -AdventHealth Medical Group- East Florida
Location Address: New Smyrna Beach, FL
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Medical Group- East Florida
- Faith based & mission driven organization
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits such as Educational Reimbursement
- CREATION Health employee wellness and lifestyle programs
- Positive working climate to support a work life balance
- Full-Time – Mon-Friday
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Treatment Planning/Goal Setting
- Resource Usage/Development
- Crisis Intervention
- Education/Health Promotion and Prevention
- Supportive Counseling/Psychosocial Treatment
- Administrative Responsibilities
- Scheduling and Billing duties as required
- Participate in staff organization meetings and treatment planning review
- Attend meeting and education required for employment with Advent Health
- Responsible for provision of full-range of mental health outpatient services from initial assessment, treatment planning, supportive counseling and case management as well as aftercare planning group psychotherapy, suicide risk assessment and crisis intervention in accordance with the mission of the outpatient mental health program and policies.
What You Will Need:
- Master’s degree as a Mental Health Clinician who has full licensure as a mental health provider under Chapter 491 (Florida Statutes).
- State licensure as a Clinical Social Worker or Mental Health Counselors.
- TWO (2) years’ experience providing mental health services is preferred.
- Ability to work in crisis situations in a professional and mature manner.
- Strong counseling and motivational skills.
- Must be able to develop clear and concise reports in a timely manner.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department
- Basic Life Support or willing to obtain certification prior to starting patient care
- LMHC or LCSW
- CBT for Trauma
- Motivational interviewing
- Collaborative medication management
- Through Knowledge of DSM-5 and ability to formulate a psychiatric diagnosis
The Florida licensed mental health professional will provide mental health services to the patients enrolled in the Advent Health Community Health Center Program (CHC) with diverse psychosocial problems. The Employee provides a full-range of supportive mental health services to patients, including psychological assessment, diagnosis, evaluation and treatment in the Advent Health CHC under the administrative supervision of the Medical Director of the CHC.
Provision of services will be conducted through a variety of modalities including, but not limited to, individual, couples, family, and/or group counseling. An emphasis is placed on evidence-based and best practice approaches. Typical problems that may be encountered include: Substance Abuse, PTSD, depression, anxiety, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, impulse control issues, suicidal/homicidal ideation, and clinical and sub-clinical problems affecting vocational and social adjustment. Counselor may also provide psychological interventions to manage pain, disability, address sleep problems, facilitate weight loss, promote smoking cessation, and enhance medical compliance. The mental health professional will monitor treatment progress using measurement-based tools and recommending adjustments to the treatment plan as appropriate. Incumbent maintains accurate, timely, and complete clinical records in accordance with professional practice, and guidelines.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work
Apply for job
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can better find you the right jobs!