Full Job Description
Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services. Our team delivers quality care to clients and families in more than 30 communities throughout the North Shore, Merrimack Valley and Greater Boston. Our mission is to provide personal, compassionate, state-of-the-art, integrated behavioral healthcare that makes a difference in the lives of the people and communities we serve. Our services include mental health counseling, addiction treatment, and family and school-based services.
About the Job
Our Crisis Stabilization Unit is an 8 bed unit offering short-term residential stabilization services for individuals with psychiatric and/or substance abuse disorders. We are a 24/7 facility that works as a team to lead encouraging groups, connect clients with medication evaluations, and follow through with aftercare plans. Individuals are accepted on a voluntary basis. The average length of stay for the program is three to five calendar days.
- Assists in the admitting, discharging and transferring process ensuring that patient safety is addressed, monitor patient valuables during body and belonging search and enter proper data into computer.
- Provide supportive, respectful, non-judgmental care to adult clients and assist them in meeting goals identified in treatment plans.
- Assists with Case Management duties, which include one on one client contact each shift, team meetings, collaboration with other service providers and follow up with referral sources.
- Acts as liaison to all inpatient facilities, case managers, psychiatrists, therapists, clinicians, referred agencies, and families to maintain communications for staff and clients.
- Participates in treatment team meetings, assists with development of care plans and report any issue for shift directly to the Nurse.
- Records and reports all observed symptoms, reactions, treatments and changes in the patient’s safety status to the Nurse.
- Demonstrates a positive demeanor that allows for respectful and courteous interaction with all external and internal customers.
- Work as a team player delivering effective care to clients and promoting continuous harmonious working relationships.
- Works cooperatively and effectively with others with ability to adapt to changes in the workplace
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology or related field required.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to develop a therapeutic relationship while maintaining professional boundaries.
Full time 40 hours – Days
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Remote Work No remote work
Apply for job
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can better find you the right jobs!